vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which way do I go?

Hybrid View

Default Which way do I go?

Ok here is the scoop. I am in the market for a new GPS. Just last week I was gifted a new Etrex "H" from my caching friends down here because they felt sorry for me whenever I went caching with them and I had to keep hitting my GPS to get it to work right...LOL, it was the original Vista since I started caching back in "03". It was my going away present from them. What great friends I have made down here all because of geocaching, just like all my friends I made while in Maine. Anyway the "H" I will be using as a backup til I decide what GPS I want. What I am asking is what do you all have for a GPS and I want to be completely paperless as possible. I have heard some comments about the Delorme and Garmins and just wanted some input from all my friends up there in Maine as to what you think. I know LT has the 550t and Brad has the 450t and some of you have the Delorme PN 40. I am so confused and am hoping some of you can lean me towards one or the other unit. Thanks Haffy.

PS I will be offline after this Friday as I will be making my move to Gainesville GA and don't know when I will be able to get online once again until I get settled into my new apartment on lake Lanier.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Oh yeah and I also hid my 1st SC cache as well after some prodding from my SC caching friends as well.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-7ecdda67d4ae

I remember the first cache you found with that Vista!

We are considering the Oregon 450 like Brad has after Lee got to play with his last weekend. It is less than $300 after rebate at this link:
    http://www.gpsonsale.com/garmin/products/Oregon450.htm.
    Hollora bought one from this link.

I don't know as we need them but Lee's screen is glitchy like yours and my 'ol yeller has a line that never goes away, and it only holds 500 waypoints.
    Last edited by brdad; 05-11-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Gotta, gotta, gotta get a Garmin

I owned a Delorme PN-20 and PN-40. We now use Oregon 400t's. It's completely paperless, easy to use and we love it. It does eat batteries though, the Delorme's were a little better in that catagory.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I am now using the Oregon 400t. I would urge you to try it as I have myself only shown it to one person but they bought one within two days.
    The paperless feature is great. I am no techinical whiz but am very happy with it so far.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    I am now using the Oregon 400t. I would urge you to try it as I have myself only shown it to one person but they bought one within two days.
    Yes we did get one only after 2 days! It's a nice machine and we like it, but we don't know if there is anything better or not. Got it for $300. on ebay.
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I remember the first cache you found with that Legend!

We are considering the Oregon 450 like Brad has after Lee got to play with his last weekend. It is less than $300 after rebate at this link:
    http://www.gpsonsale.com/garmin/products/Oregon450.htm.
    Hollora bought one from this link.

I don't know as we need them but Lee's screen is glitchy like yours and my 'ol yeller has a line that never goes away, and it only holds 500 waypoints.
    That would be the Vista and not the Legend, just for your info....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    That would be the Vista and not the Legend, just for your info....LOL
    I edited my post before you were done posting, I was thinking of Lee's Legend while I was typing! Anyway, I remember you fumbling with it!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Moo

400t here. My caching buddy and I will trade some times and I'll use his PN40. I like it, but think the Garmin is a lot more intuitive to use.