vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which way do I go?

Default 450

I have the 450 (not the T) Holds 5000 caches. Does Wherigo's. Paperless. Great screen. Very happy with it.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I have the 450 (not the T) Holds 5000 caches. Does Wherigo's. Paperless. Great screen. Very happy with it.
    Sheesh! Do I need a new GPSr? I can get the 450t on eBay for $434 - free shipping, too...

Sheesh! I start getting Social Security in August, and I've already got that spent for the first 6 months...

And RULost2? is talking about a trip to Italy...

Decisions, decisions...

400t here. My caching buddy and I will trade some times and I'll use his PN40. I like it, but think the Garmin is a lot more intuitive to use.

I have the Oregon 400t and am very happy with it. I couldn't imagine going back to paper caching. If I were going to buy today, I would go with the 450t. 5000 caches plus the 3-axis electronic compass.

I had been using the PN40 but it just is dependable. I now have the Oregon 450T. That being said there are features on the pn that I like better than the garmin and vice versa.

I just read my post. I meant to say the PN isn't always dependable, it freezes alot or it won't turn on, just little things...

wait for the new pn60..some very nice features...http://blog.delorme.com/2010/01/06/d...tion/#more-674

HehHeh . . . what Haffy . . . no thoughts about buying a Magellan?

HehHeh . . . my old Magellans are still working fine . . . but I have to tell you after seeing Hiram's Oregon in action I think it's safe to say that if and when I get a new GPSr some day it will be a Garmin Oregon (which one . . . I'm not so sure) . . . it's very simple to use . . . so simple even a Magellan user can operate it and figure out how to search for and locate a cache in minutes . . . instead of wandering around in circles for hours.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Shewolf bought a new 550T off of eBay for a little over $400. She saw mine and just had to have it. In fact she wanted one so bad she sat on her 60CSX in the kayak and broke the "enter" button. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    Shewolf bought a new 550T off of eBay for a little over $400. She saw mine and just had to have it. In fact she wanted one so bad she sat on her 60CSX in the kayak and broke the "enter" button. LOL
    LOL - now if she would give the 60CSX to TAT to fix - it could be recycled for the "teachers want to teach kids caching" loaner program OR for any occasion here in GCM folks might need to borrow a loaner unit.

I know folks have said contact the companies about units (inexpensive buys, donations and loans). From experience, the window of opportunity and/or these companies generousity is narrowing quickly.

Grants might work for folks wanting to outright own for teaching and educational programs but you need to find them. If GCM could come up with a neat way to recycle and loan out for use in educational settings, it would be nice. Surely legal issues here in liablity, but, we dd have a resident attorney don't we Dubord?

Just some rambling thoughts here.

Shewolf - congrats on your new purchase - hope it is wonderful!