vb:literal>

Thread: GPS's for School

Smile GPS's for School

While setting up my latest cache behind the Vassalboro School, I learned that one of the teachers there is trying to teach the kids about Geocaching. Every time he wants to take the kids out he has to beg or borrow a GPS from others. I am looking for 1 or 2 GPSs that I can buy cheep to donate to the Vassalboro School. If some of you out there are going to upgrade your GPS and the old one still works fine, I would like to talk to you about buying it so I can donate it to the school. You can email my through this website if you have an old one kicking around you would like to sell.
    Thank You !
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

I bought an "ole Yella" on Ebay for less than $50. It came from Canada but worked just fine. Have a youngster myself coming up and need my old ones for programs we do at the conservation club.

The local audubon society holds a Geocaching camp. They bought PN20s on Ebay for their programs.

Also watch the For Sale Forums on Geocaching.com. I have seen a few good buys on there too.

I would think the Geomate Jr would be the ultimate GPS for school kids as it has caches already preloaded and you can get them for like 69 dollars. Have you tried grants for school purposes? I'd donate my old Vista but I think they would get kind of tired really soon from hitting it all the time to make it work...lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Check with the big guys, Delorme, Cabellas, Garmin, Magellan. They might offer a few.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Just wondering, this teacher doesn't have a GPS? How is she geocaching then?
    Moo

You don't actually have to own the all the stuff to teach the activity.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.