vb:literal>

Thread: in the news...

Default in the news...

Nice article in today's paper...I always wondered how many people cache like this? Seems like a good way to get people started...

http://maineoutdoorjournal.mainetoda....html?id=19327

Default Getting Started

I read the article, sounds good. And speaking of getting people started, would anyone be willing to teach GPS use to a group of 6th and 7th graders at Maine Huts and Trails Poplar Stream Hut on June 9th-10th? I assume one day would do it. They asked me, but with all the running around I've been doing lately and my father in "guarded condition" in an ICU I'm not sure I can do it. I'm also not sure I'm qualified. I can use a GPS to find and hide caches but there is more to a GPS than just that... isn't there? So anyone want to volunteer and get me off the hook? These kids would be from the Stratton School.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I read the article, sounds good. And speaking of getting people started, would anyone be willing to teach GPS use to a group of 6th and 7th graders at Maine Huts and Trails Poplar Stream Hut on June 9th-10th? I assume one day would do it. They asked me, but with all the running around I've been doing lately and my father in "guarded condition" in an ICU I'm not sure I can do it. I'm also not sure I'm qualified. I can use a GPS to find and hide caches but there is more to a GPS than just that... isn't there? So anyone want to volunteer and get me off the hook? These kids would be from the Stratton School.
    What about skishop and friends - they were with us today and seem to be very proficient.........

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    Nice article in today's paper...I always wondered how many people cache like this? Seems like a good way to get people started...

http://maineoutdoorjournal.mainetoda....html?id=19327
    I use my cellphone for geocaching and only my cellphone. Except I don't pay any application fees though LOL. It's not just a good way to start, it's also a good way to continue I just don't see any reason why should I use or carry an additional device for geocaching and even another one for car navigation.
    Moo

I have seen this in person and it is cool. I would probably break it though.
    http://garminfone.t-mobile.com/

• Voice-guided and on-screen directions with automatic rerouting
    • Real-time traffic, weather, ETA, and gas prices
    • It comes with a windshield mount that charges the phone when you clip it on.

I remember when I read one of her first articles in the paper and I emailed her and she is a member here and goes by the name of Robotbunny. She is a great writer and is a great asset to geocachers as a family unit.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.