vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a car GPSr.

Default I need a car GPSr.

I'm planning on buying a car GPSr, probably a Garmin, but open to suggestions. Currently I have street maps loaded on my 400t and use that to navigate. What I would love is to be able to load a car GPS with geocaches and use that to navigate by street to the GZ. So...

Can you load any car GPS with caches? Are some brands easier than others?

Are there any that wouldn't require me use GSAK? The ideal would be if I could download my PQs directly like I do with the Oregon.

Will certain models hold more caches than others?

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

I think the Nuvi 500 series is the only Nuvis you can dump a GPX file directly into.

Not sure how good they are...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

we just bought a nuvi 1300 and kev loads caches as points of intrest on it
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

GSAK isn't all that confusing to use. I dump all the waypoints into it and use the Garmin POI loader to dump them all into my cheap Nuvi 250 using the pilot snipes macro. Works just fine for me.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Hiram357 and Maniac1957 use a TomTom and swear by them. I am not sure if they use GSAK. I have a Nuvi but use GSAK.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Hiram357 and Maniac1957 use a TomTom and swear by them. I am not sure if they use GSAK. I have a Nuvi but use GSAK.
    I like Aaron's and Brad's TomToms . . . the voice they select sounds has such a velvet smooth sexy voice . . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I like Aaron's and Brad's TomToms . . . the voice they select sounds has such a velvet smooth sexy voice . . . .
    Oh wait a minute . . . that was the Hiram Hiram that I was thinking about with that velvet smooth sexy voice.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Thumbs up As Lois and Jake say

I have a Tomtom 330XL and absolutely love it. I do use GSAK to load it and it is very easy to do. I also use a GSAK macro to take advantage of the itinerary feature on the 330. It allows me to plan my route and which caches I want at home and then it just goes from cache to cache on a preplanned route instead of going to nearest. Which as you know isn't always the closest. I does spoken directions and is very easy to use. Call me if you'd like any more info and I'll be glad to help you out.
    Happy Trails!

So a GSAK lesson is going to have to be in my future? Ugh. I tried it when I first started caching, but it seemed way too involved the few times I looked at it. In fact, that was the single reason I chose an Oregon, so I didn't have to use it.