vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I need a car GPSr.

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    Naked micro's?
    Watching naked smalls and micros is sick :P
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by merenner View Post
    I hesitate to load any windows boots on to my Mac, does it open you up to all the window viruses?
    Whole windows installation would be contained within virtual environment and could not interfere with its host environment. If you don't want to pay for another Windows license you can install linux into VM and run GSAK under WINE. Or maybe there is something similar to WINE under Mac.
    Moo

I found it was cheaper and more practical to just buy a 300$ netbook
    in the end.... As much as I hate PCs it also allows me to use Delormes software now as well for navigation right in the vehicle.

Overall though, the monthly cost of a netbook to have the net on the go may not suit everyones budget whereas the one time charge of a unit would be easier to handle. Of course, if you are just using it to wardrive for your net access, I guess you'll be ok.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Whole windows installation would be contained within virtual environment and could not interfere with its host environment. If you don't want to pay for another Windows license you can install linux into VM and run GSAK under WINE. Or maybe there is something similar to WINE under Mac.

Well that's interesting. If there's no risk to my mac, then that's the best option for me. I just don't have it in my to add a third platform and as cheap as pc's are these days, 1 more gadget or gizmo may just throw this girl over the edge.

Thanks for all the info.

-M