vb:literal>

Thread: Did a night cache by day

Default Did a night cache by day

I was out placing caches today and came across a night cache(GC1QV1D). I stopped to take a look and the owner had tacked reflective material to trees. A lot of it was missing and all that was left on some trees were tacks. I found the cache and it only had one signature. #7 over a year ago had signed FTF. A find a year? Maybe once all 32 of my caches in the area are published that one will get more action.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    I was out placing caches today and came across a night cache(GC1QV1D). I stopped to take a look and the owner had tacked reflective material to trees. A lot of it was missing and all that was left on some trees were tacks. I found the cache and it only had one signature. #7 over a year ago had signed FTF. A find a year? Maybe once all 32 of my caches in the area are published that one will get more action.
    Terry - interesting.....but I did learn in buying Fire Tacs for my cache - there are Fire Tacs and there are Fire Tacs (if you get what I mean). I bought seconds but they came with the information of how to make them fine. Turning into my road I know if they are working every night LOL

Is this a cache which needs maintenance or will it be ok without it? Can it still be done at night? I believe night caches aren't for everyone. And although I love them - it would take a lot for me to drive a ka-zillion miles to do one. So there would have to be another reason for me to go find it. Like caching the heck out of the area during the day and then night falls (but again - will this be able to still be found at night??).

Thanks for putting out some new caches - I am looking forward to some new journeys.

Night caches aren't for everyone, and when that night cache is in a place like this one it's sure to not get many numbers. But that is ok with me, we need some of these caches to offset the 200 in a day ones!

There are close to 100 caches in Maine listed in the Maine Cache Stats that have not been found in over 365 days, this one would have just made the list if I had updated before you found it!

While looking at the list I see my Halfmile cache has not been found for 649 days!
    Last edited by brdad; 05-15-2010 at 11:19 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Night caches aren't for everyone, and when that night cache is in a place like this one it's sure to not get many numbers. But that is ok with me, we need some of these caches to offset the 200 in a day ones!

There are close to 100 caches in Maine listed in the Maine Cache Stats that have not been found in over 365 days, this one would have just made the list if I had updated before you found it!

While looking at the list I see my Halfmile cache has not been found for 649 days!
    See you in the morning BRDad and we will change that stat!

Yeah right.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

My falling for You cache hadn't been found since June 6 last year. I just got a log on it Friday that it is there and fine. I was amazed someone found it since it is a snowmobile cache that I had to walk on the ice to place. LOL

I think you could probably do the night cache at night with a good flashlight. There are a lot of reflectors missing but I think enough are there to make it. I should go do another night cache out there somewhere since I have some fire tacks.

I am wondering how long my Excalibur cache will last once it is published. Maybe I should start a pool. LOL I put out a few typical LaughingTerry caches, a Right in Plain Sight cache, a couple Ornamentals, only 3 micros, 2 ammo cans, and some regular caches.