vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I wonder wonder who?

I take back my grumpy post of a few days ago. LaughingTerry's series of caches on the Deadwater/Lake Moxie road north of Bingham is excellent. RULost2? and went and did 21 caches before the black flies drove us out - playing leapfrog with Dubord most of the way - and we enjoyed every cache. We even jacked up the parameters of the PQ to get all the caches in the area, not just below DIFF 3/Terr3 as we usually do. Sheesh! We actually did one of his TERR4 Death Wish caches! (And it will probably be our last TERR4 cache, too.)

Everyone should put this series on top of their list of "to do" caches. I suggest using the Deadwater Road off Route 16 north of Bingham, following the old rail bed all the way to Moxie Pond, then returning to Route 201 on the Moxie Road. This loop wuld be a doable day trip even from Bangor or Augusta. (And don't forget our caches on "The Old Canada Road" - Route 201. )

In addition to all the great caches (RULost2? and I have a few in this area, too), this drive is extremely scenic, and a great opportunity to look for moose (we only saw 1 today).

Curmudgeon or not - the review is appreciated! Especially suggesting a route which works well. Sounds like fun and I look forward to it before the summer is over. Now to leap over Memorial Day and Relay for Life Weekend!

Default Mega Ditto's from us!

I saw the "curmudgeon" laugh pretty hard on his Micro in the Woods cache today... and rightfully so. What a blast that cache is!

This series raises the bar..again! While the Power Ranger series I helped put out is a great bunch of caches, I concede these caches kick it up a notch, as Emeril would say. We had a blast doing just a few of these today and will return soon to finish up the rest. Don't miss these folks!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I saw the "curmudgeon" laugh pretty hard on his Micro in the Woods cache today... and rightfully so. What a blast that cache is!
    Sheesh! How many times do I have to tell you people. It's "Curmudgeon", with a capital "C". Please show the proper deference to one of the great Curmudgeons.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! How many times do I have to tell you people. It's "Curmudgeon", with a capital "C". Please show the proper deference to one of the great Curmudgeons.
    Opps - sorry sir, I forgot.......no one is a proper Curmudgeon with out the BIG C !

Thanks for endorsement. I actually have 3 or 4 more to place. Nervous Nellie will be a lot of fun. Well, for me reading the logs anyway. LOL

Kevin and I are planning a trip up there on Tues with my mom...gonna make a day of it. I hear bug spray is in high demand? hehe
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

For the mosquitoes bug spray seems to work OK but for the black flies bug spray works excellent.......As tenderizer. LOL They smell the bug spay and surround the car before you can even open the doors. The only good thing is that with the air conditioner on once they get in the car they want out instead of eating you.

Default Deet!

We used Backwood's Off with Deet and I'm happy to report that we didn't have any ticks and the bugs stayed clear.

Just looked at the map and see a bunch we missed! I think my filter was set to 2.5 on terrain so we drove right by a few. We'll be back soon to "clean up" the rest.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I recently bought some 40% deet spray at walmart just for caching....so far so good with that but those black flies up there dont get fed much and usually are hungry!! hehe

I think LT was right...tenderizer!

Glad to know dubord207 didnt get eaten alive tho.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.