vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KJcachers from VA say howdy!

Quote Originally Posted by KJcachers View Post
    Stayed at Bradbury for 1 night and hardly had any time to cache! We were planning on staying 2 nights but a few things made us pack up and leave early.
    1. Rain in the forcast for tonight and tomorrow and I didn't want to pack up in the rain. This was the main reason for leaving.
    2. our site seemed to be directly downwind of the pit toilets.
    3. The "firewood" we bought from the camp was just slab lumber that was still green and wet from an earlier rain and wouldn't burn well at all.
    4. Woke in the middle of the night to somebody puking in the toilet. So loud you could hear him around the whole camp!
    5. Workers running chainsaws in the area of the camp entrance.

I still think this camp has potential and the trail systems looked great for caching/hiking but we really had to get out. Perhaps another time we will have a better outcome.

Thanks again!
    Jason
    At Camp Jakeawana we pride ourselves in offering a unique camping experience for all of our campers and that's why we say "Camp Jakeawana is a camping experience like no other" -- it's even on our brochures!

We promise that it will never rain at Camp Jakeawana . . . or at least we'll never get wet if it rains . . . of course that could be due to the fact that we're in a house with a roof over our heads.

No pit toilets here . . . our bathhouse (located next to the camp store with a fully stocked refrigerator with cold beer and softdrinks) is clean, comfortable and heated (in season) . . . and we even provide free reading materials.

At Camp Jakeawana we provide all the seasoned wood you would ever need for free . . . we even feature "diesel wood" -- wood that is all natural, but burns as if it were soaked in diesel . . . this is a Camp Jakeawana exclusive. At Camp Jakeawana we love wood and it shows.

Camp Jakeawana prides itself on offering a family-like atmosphere . . . folks may come here as strangers, but they leave as friends. About the only puking going on is when the camp owner attempts to make Saudi Arabian garlic mint meatballs . . . an experience he doesn't care to repeat anytime soon.

While we will not have our camp employees sawing up wood in the early morning hours, there is a chance the owner may leave camp early with your breakfast . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Activities at Camp Jakeawana

* Wagon Rides:
    Every Saturday night join us for the free wagon ride tour of Camp Jakeawana . . . of course this mainly consists of Camp Owner Jake Johnson getting plastered on 2 Woodchuck Ciders and hauling campers around in a wheelbarrow.

* Swimming: Take a relaxing dip in our 24-foot pool which is always available to our guests . . . providing that the Camp Owner does not accidentally drain it like he did last year.

* Hot Tub: After a hard day on the trail feel free to soothe away your aches and pains in our hot tub. Please do not add bubblebath to the mix though . . . we are still cleaning up after last year.

* Arts & Crafts
    : See who can build the biggest camp fire, see what modern art you can create by melting glass beer bottles in the camp fire or learn how to make Amish cheese . . .

* Drinking: As always, alcoholic beverages are allowed at Camp Jakeawana . . . as long as Camp Owner Jake Johnson is cut off before the 3rd cider.

* Rifle Range: Well, we may not have an actual rifle range, but campers at Camp Jakeawana have been known to plink at targets with BB guns . . . and have also learned how to administer emergency first aid, specifically how to deal with foreign objects in the eye.

* Nightly Entertainment: Join us around the campfire as Camp Owner Heidi tells the story about the dead neighbor . . . whose house is only about 50 feet away from your camp site . . . or listen to the neighbors party the night away with the sound of Def Leppard and other 1980s Hair Band greats until 1:30 a.m.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Now I wanna go!!! I have a cast iron skillet to protect my breakfast with too!!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    Now I wanna go!!! I have a cast iron skillet to protect my breakfast with too!!
    I have a cast iron skillet to get my breakfast with!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

As long as the co-owner of CampJakeawana doesn't have the cooler of food in his vehicle and drive away for an early morning caching excursion ~ you should be all set!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    As long as the co-owner of CampJakeawana doesn't have the cooler of food in his vehicle and drive away for an early morning caching excursion ~ you should be all set!
    Geesh . . . it only happened one year and I get branded for life as a career criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Geesh . . . it only happened one year and I get branded for life as a career criminal.
    You took food!

Take my car, my hat, my dog but don't take my food or cigar. It's a mortal sin.

And I wasn't even there.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    You took food!

Take my car, my hat, my dog but don't take my food or cigar. It's a mortal sin.

And I wasn't even there.
    Well to be fair I didn't even realize I was fliching the food and poaching the pancakes . . . Hiram made the mistake of leaving the food in my vehicle . . . I think that was Tread Lightly: I'm Calling Shotgun when Hiram was 4WD-less.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Well to be fair I didn't even realize I was fliching the food and poaching the pancakes . . . Hiram made the mistake of leaving the food in my vehicle . . . I think that was Tread Lightly: I'm Calling Shotgun when Hiram was 4WD-less.
    Yes it was and you only did it once. It was a good chuckle though. The last couple of times you have slipped out quietly and come back ready to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Yes it was and you only did it once. It was a good chuckle though. The last couple of times you have slipped out quietly and come back ready to eat!
    Slipped out quietly, huh? Guess that makes up for not being so quiet at night with my snoring?