vb:literal>

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Question just for fun...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Each of our caches is placed for a reason: scenic spot, historical significance, interesting geography/construction. None of them was placed at a stop sign or guardrail "just because". They're traditional caches with swag, real log books, and are big enough to place most travel bugs. And we maintain our caches.

Yes, we could put out more caches, and we intend to one of these days. But we prefer quality over quantity.

You could also argue that geocachers should give back by sponsoring a geocaching event once in a while. You could probably count on your fingers how many GCM.org cachers have sponsored events. Well - at least on fingers and toes both. Which makes about 20 people - less than 1 percent of GCM.org members.
    To me it's not a quantity vs. quality type of thing . . . I simply find it hard to believe that someone can not find one single unique place to hide a cache in all their travels.

And you're right . . . I would rather someone not hide a cache vs. hide a cache in a lamp post or guard rail . . . but that said there are so many beautiful views along roads . . . so many public parks . . . so many interesting areas.

I have always felt that to the folks with a bazillion finds and no cache hides that the issue is simply that they do not want to take the time to find and hide a cache and maintain the cache . . .

P.S. For the record . . . I enjoyed the historical location you brought us to at your micro cache in the woods. Neat bit of history.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    You would find me in the morning at stage 8!LOL!! Yeah, I am a lightweight!
    Stage 2 or Stage 3 for me . . . and you would either find me there waxing on and on about some trivial topic, professing my undying love for my wife or I would be sound asleep.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    P.S. For the record . . . I enjoyed the historical location you brought us to at your micro cache in the woods. Neat bit of history.
    When we me TandemStoker at that location a couple of weeks ago, we discussed the history of The Somerset Railway, and I mentioned a book that I had read on the subject: "The Old Somerset Railroad", by Walter M. MacDougall. I looked for it at the time and couldn't find it, but your mention of history prompted me to look until I found it! LOL!

It's quite a story of a railroad through the woods - Oakland to Mt. Kineo on Moosehead Lake. Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple more caches along the route before Laughing Terry has all the good locations locked in! LOL!

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

When we me TandemStoker at that location a couple of weeks ago, we discussed the history of The Somerset Railway, and I mentioned a book that I had read on the subject: "The Old Somerset Railroad", by Walter M. MacDougall. I looked for it at the time and couldn't find it, but your mention of history prompted me to look until I found it! LOL!

It's quite a story of a railroad through the woods - Oakland to Mt. Kineo on Moosehead Lake. Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple more caches along the route before Laughing Terry has all the good locations locked in! LOL!
    Thanks for the link - and the Micro in the Woods along the old line.

Hey, I AM a GCM.org member!! (Since 2007) I just haven't been on in awhile!

My point was the number of GCM.org members who have hosted an event. I suggested 20, you posted a figure of 50+. Discount the 21 by MGA (can't count it if it isn't a GCM.org event...), leaves 29.

And I'll make the effort to identify people on the list who are not GCM.org members:

Team Norac
    Emmy-n-Sapphie
    Nick~MacCache
    teamdozer12

Which leaves 25 GCM.org members - close enough to my suggested 20 I'll concede 2.5 percent of our members have hosted events rather than 2 percent! LOL!

I missed your name on that list, teamdozer12, I knew you are a member, you even visited chat on several occasions.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."