vb:literal>

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Question just for fun...

Default Question just for fun...

This is just for fun, this is not really happening. Positive and fun posts only!

Here's the scenario. Gc.com has taken my advice and limited every account to one cache hide. This will be your only cache hide for the next 365 days. At the end of the 365 days if you have maintained your cache you will be allowed to place another.

You may either keep one of your existing cache hides or place one new cache.

Which one of your caches will you keep, or will you place a new one, and why?

Edit: This thread has wandered off-topic; feel free to read on and reply here or in the Article of the same topic, The one cache you would keep?
    Last edited by brdad; 05-24-2010 at 03:49 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'd keep my "CACHZILLA" cache. It's too damn big to carry back out!

WhereIGo Bangor mini adventure cache. It's cool to have almost unique cache in whole Maine My second would be Pot of Gold. I like the puzzle and the cache theme. (Well until Ekidokai decided to empty clean it)
    Moo

I had to think about this for a minute, but I think for the same reason cano posted - because of it's uniqueness - I'd have to go with my You Sank My Battleship cache. The location is not as spectacular as some of my other caches but it still gets some fun logs. I think the fact there are 20 people watching it means something, too.
    Last edited by brdad; 05-21-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Gc1xx37

Would keep Bennett/Wilson, GC1XX37. It's a nice area, some interesting sights to see and ponder. Interesting question, Dave. I like it.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I would want to keep the Rockland Breakwater cache, because people that go there always have good things to say about the location and many might not have found the area if they weren't looking for the cache. One per year would be an interesting idea though. The places that the caches would be placed would most likely be very special places..........
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

This is a tough one for me.... having SOOOO many hides.... and for all you wise-asses out there, no I wouldn't keep any of my Star Wars series...

I would keep GC21NKNP DIre Straights: Tribute to The Death Squad.... read the logs. But a close second, or maybe a co-favorite would be GC1W2DF Quarry of Serenity...

The sad part about this question is that if this was the case, we'd only have maybe 35 caches in all of Maine for the first year! It seems that the same old cachers are the ones placing and maintaining all the hides...

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    The sad part about this question is that if this was the case, we'd only have maybe 35 caches in all of Maine for the first year! It seems that the same old cachers are the ones placing and maintaining all the hides...
    And the sad part is? Sounds good to me!

I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from but the fact is it would be much more than 35 caches. There are currently 976 unique cache hiders in Maine, and that is not counting new and existing cachers with no hides that would be able to place one as well.

There are many cache hiders who hide one nice cache that go unnoticed behind those that hide so many. That is the sad part. But let's not let this thread be about that (but it gives me an idea for another thread).

Back to the topic at hand - who's next?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from but the fact is it would be much more than 35 caches. There are currently 976 unique cache hiders in Maine, and that is not counting new and existing cachers with no hides that would be able to place one as well.
    ?
    And there are 2,114 members of GeocachingMaine.org alone. And I've mentioned before that a lot of cachers who log our caches who are not members of GCM.org.