vb:literal>

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Question just for fun...

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Are you trying to make up for some other "personal" short coming?
    Sheesh! I don't know. Perhaps.

What "personal shortcoming" are you trying to make up for by being so confrontational?

Default ?

Excuse me!!!! Didn't I do a micro cache today you put out? Since when does a film canister qualify as "big?" Hope you're not trying to trick your fellow cachers!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Am I supposed to be embarrassed by the fact that all our caches are "BIG"? LOL!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    I agree Mike! Its a good thing BRDad isn't running the show
    While I don't think this one idea of mine would be detrimental to the sport, if everything was the way I would have it, I agree the game would probably fade out fast! Of course, many of my thoughts are based on experience, some things I thought were important early on are not that important and some of the things I thought were not important are. What I would have proposed for rules when I started is not necessarily the case now!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    While I don't think this one idea of mine would be detrimental to the sport, if everything was the way I would have it, I agree the game would probably fade out fast!
    I disagree. You need to get up to this area. It would renew your faith in continuance geocaching! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    This cache is one of my favorites. As I was admiring the view of the back cove area in Portland from Sheridan Street, I decided to place a guardrail cache from a spot that gave a great view. As I was averaging the coordinates, I heard voices coming from above and behind me. I turned and saw two women leaning against a fence straight up a steep hill about 45 feet higher.

I grabbed the cache and drove up to North Street and found a delightful park with spectacular views of Portland. I had lived in the area more than 20 years and had no idea this park existed. The logs indicate taht I am not the only local who was unaware of this park! I am so glad those women spoke loudly that day!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...2-998a50e7306f
    If you look at my official Geocaching profile, you will see that I listed this cache as one of my favorites! The vista from the park is similar to my favorite view of Seattle, WA from the Queen Anne neighborhood inside the city limits.... probably the most iconic views of Seattle. Thanks for this cache Lex! It is a great spot unknown to most of us, and one I would never have found except by caching!

Sheesh! I don't know. Perhaps.

What "personal shortcoming" are you trying to make up for by being so confrontational?
    Nah, thats the reason I have my Jeep...not why I am so confrontational. I am so confrontational because I have balls unlike a lot of others here on the forum who either won't say a thing or will but toe the party line and are afraid to really speak up....

This thread has veered off in 8 directions so I have created an article titled
    The one cache you would keep? to display the originally intended data. Thee are some interesting thoughts going on here nonetheless, so we'll keep this open. If you'd still like to add your favorite hide to the list in the article, feel free to post here or in the article comments.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I disagree. You need to get up to this area. It would renew your faith in continuance geocaching! LOL!
    See, this is where I think the difference is, correct me if I am wrong. I am guessing most of these caches stand on their own. If you were to do only one of them, you would be satisfied. If LT were allowed to hide only one of these a year, you'd be happy to do them anyway.

I know there are some cachers out there that cannot be satisfied unless they have found 25 or more in a day, and there are some caches out there that would be less than interesting for most unless you find 25 or more of them in a day.

Some caches are simply not designed to stand alone. I'm guessing most of the Star Wars series are like that. If I was to drive from Bangor to find only one, I'd probably be dissatisfied. It's obvious they were not placed to be found alone. There is nothing wrong with that, but for me I prefer caches that can stand alone, even if I get 25 of them in a day.

It sounds like the auto series might have stepped it up a notch and LT's may have stepped it up another notch. Someday I'll do a few of many or all of the series and know better.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Sheesh, this thread is like the chat some nights - 10 topics going on at once!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    See, this is where I think the difference is, correct me if I am wrong. I am guessing most of these caches stand on their own. If you were to do only one of them, you would be satisfied. If LT were allowed to hide only one of these a year, you'd be happy to do them anyway.
    Sheesh! Anyone who has done more than one of LT's caches knows that they definitely stand alone! LOL!