vb:literal>

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Question just for fun...

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I'm not sure . . . what does Lexmano do for a career?
    High powered, Joe Borenstien type attorney.... so I'll probably get sued for my comment ( nah, him and I are friends so probably not...)

You'll have to see if Hiram Solo will release the photos . . . he still hasn't shown me the photos of the day either even though I've attempted to use my Jedi powers on him . . . apparently his mind is not as weak as I thought.
    If the photos are not released by Noon on Friday May 28, I will be deleting all of your found logs for the Star Wars series... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    That is true, I intentionally used virtual stages for Battleship because I didn't want a maintenance nightmare. There were other reasons which are no longer valid due to gc.com guidelines changes, but that is beside the point.

I think that is probably one of the major reasons both Lee and myself like the multis. We like the risk of not finding one of the stages; one find on a 10 stage multi is more adventuresome to us than 10 'guaranteed' finds. To each his own here, but I will still maintain the comparable multi will more often than not create more memories - But less smileys!

This whole multi discussion actually brings up another thought. If a person were only able to hide one a year, there might be more multis because a hider could have several hides that way; a loophole of sorts. But if all or most hid multis for that reason, people probably would lose interest. Variety is key.
    When Iampaw, Martes, HockeyMom and I did "The Agonizer" last fall, we never did find the next to last stage but we still found the final.... we are smart like that ;-)

You'll have to see if Hiram Solo will release the photos . . . he still hasn't shown me the photos of the day either even though I've attempted to use my Jedi powers on him . . . apparently his mind is not as weak as I thought.
    ahh not one with the force you are....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I didn't see this discussion yesterday. So here's my 2 cents worth.

First, lexmano is the antithesis of Joe Bornstein. If you see Ed on TV it will be about caching. By the way, Ed's done 46 of the 48 lower states which is no small achievement.

Two of my most favorite caches have to be Battleship and The Lair of Serious Tool. But now I will add Bruce's Micro in the Woods. Not everybody would ever agree but these are three different caches that reflect three different personalities. If you've done all of them then you'll understand my comment.

The power runs are not always about the numbers but can be. There are a lot of logs about the fun of being with fellow cachers for these "series" type caches. There's no denying that if you are about 60 caches from a major milestone, a day chasing these caches will get you where you need to be. I think it's disingenuous to deny feeling a level of satisfaction when you hit the bigger milestones and a milestone is a reflection of hitting a NUMBER so the count if undeniably part of the game.

And this thread now has more twists than any multi I've done!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    The power runs are not always about the numbers but can be. There are a lot of logs about the fun of being with fellow cachers for these "series" type caches. There's no denying that if you are about 60 caches from a major milestone, a day chasing these caches will get you where you need to be. I think it's disingenuous to deny feeling a level of satisfaction when you hit the bigger milestones and a milestone is a reflection of hitting a NUMBER so the count if undeniably part of the game.
    The only issue I take here is a group should be able to have fun finding any cache(s). I was part of a large group that went and found 3 caches on Monhegan which was fun. Lee and I went with the pjprebs to Gulf Hagus and had a great time. And then there is the recent trip to Halfmile. I'm assuming if a bunch of us hopped in a bus and drove to Madawaska and found one cache which was the lamest GRC possible we'd still have a good time. A few times a bunch of us local cachers have met up at a local restaurant for dinner (no finds involved) and had a good time. It's not the series caches that create the fun, it is the cachers.

And if 1000 means more to a given cacher than 999 or 437 or 162 than that is fine for them. For me, every cache is a milestone of some sort, the major ones are the caches which challenge me - physically or mentally. When I get to the peak of a tough climb or locate a tricky hide and get that feeling of accomplishment - that's one of my major milestones. Sometimes they come one after the other, sometimes they take many finds. I'm often lousy with analogies, but let's compare it to Rick's trek. 2,178 miles. One person could easily claim each 100 miles is a milestone, another person may use individual mountain peaks, another may use the shelters as milestones. When I take a trip out of state I don't watch the odometer and speak out 100 miles! 200 miles! 300 miles! as we pass by, instead I note state lines.

The funny part is, beer hasn't been mentioned once!
    oops!
    Last edited by brdad; 05-25-2010 at 07:16 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    ahh not one with the force you are....
    Aw c'mon Hiram . . . you don't have to post a picture with you and your blaster or Connie with the trash can on her head as R2D2 even . . . just post one . . . it was fun doing the pictures . . . the world deserves to see them.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    . . .

The funny part is, beer hasn't been mentioned once!
    oops!
    Speaking of "favorite" things . . . hey Hiram . . . you know how we often stop for ice cream after a long weekend of camping and caching . . . here's an ice cream recipe just for you.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/bottomsup/200...am-believe-it/
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Speaking of "favorite" things . . . hey Hiram . . . you know how we often stop for ice cream after a long weekend of camping and caching . . . here's an ice cream recipe just for you.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/bottomsup/200...am-believe-it/
    I'd be game for making that - I love to make ice cream and have a freeze (cept it's a hand crank one).

I didn't see this discussion yesterday. So here's my 2 cents worth.

First, lexmano is the antithesis of Joe Bornstein. If you see Ed on TV it will be about caching. By the way, Ed's done 46 of the 48 lower states which is no small achievement.

Two of my most favorite caches have to be Battleship and The Lair of Serious Tool. But now I will add Bruce's Micro in the Woods. Not everybody would ever agree but these are three different caches that reflect three different personalities. If you've done all of them then you'll understand my comment.

My Lexmano-Boreinstein crack was me being facietious. Nothing more nothing less. And I am sure that Ed knows it...

And Dan, thank you for your compliment on my Lair of Serious Tool cache :-)