vb:literal>

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Question just for fun...

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Again, gotta agree with Chadd on this one . . . I doubt as many folks would make the trek down to the SW caches or up to the SMR caches for a 100-stage multi . . . like it or not many folks don't particularly care for multi-stage caches . . . even when it's only two or three stages, much less 100.

As an added potential negative . . . with that many stages all you need is to not find one cache and the whole day is kablooey since you can't progress to the next stage . . . not to mention how challenging it would be to maintain that many stages.
    There’s just something about a challenge though, that some folks just can’t walk away from. This cache, GC18KF7 The Ultimate Levittown Multi-cache, is one that I have been working on since it came out in January of 08, as have several of the “big number” cachers down in Philly. For me it is no different than the Fizzy’s or Alphanumeric. There are only 42 stages, but each one of them is unique, camoed and deliberately meant to make you work for it. I have been to stage 15, 7 times. And every stage I find puts me 1 closer to saying “I FOUND IT”. Does it ruin the day when a stage is not found, no. It spurs me on. And when I log the my final, I’ll have added 1 to my numbers, and it will be one of the sweetest finds of my 2000+

Quote Originally Posted by merenner View Post
    There’s just something about a challenge though, that some folks just can’t walk away from. This cache, GC18KF7 The Ultimate Levittown Multi-cache, is one that I have been working on since it came out in January of 08, as have several of the “big number” cachers down in Philly. For me it is no different than the Fizzy’s or Alphanumeric. There are only 42 stages, but each one of them is unique, camoed and deliberately meant to make you work for it. I have been to stage 15, 7 times. And every stage I find puts me 1 closer to saying “I FOUND IT”. Does it ruin the day when a stage is not found, no. It spurs me on. And when I log the my final, I’ll have added 1 to my numbers, and it will be one of the sweetest finds of my 2000+
    Nice! Maureen is on the Forum now!!!!

Some one's gotta give you a run for your money Chadd.

Everyone else here tries to discredit me, but so far, they have proven to be amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Everyone else here tries to discredit me, but so far, they have proven to be amateurs.
    Actually, one person has done a great job at that. You are your own worst enemy.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Actually, one person has done a great job at that. You are your own worst enemy.
    I think most of you feel threatened and intimidated by a new cacher here, who actually speaks his mind, uses reason and logic, and was born after the great depression unlike the majority ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    I think most of you feel threatened and intimidated by a new cacher here, who actually speaks his mind, uses reason and logic, and was born after the great depression unlike the majority ;-)
    Thanks for proving my point!

Anyway, back on topic ... what was the topic ... old age, the memory is going ... oh yeah, back in the depression geocaching was tough! I'd tell more but I forgot!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    How very true . . . not to get off topic too much, but one of my pet peeves has always been folks with a bazillion finds and zero cache hides.
    I have to disagree with you on that. I want to see people put out caches who WANT to put out caches. People who enjoy putting out caches. Not people who do it because they think they should. That way we get better caches and better experiences in better locations.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I know there are some cachers out there that cannot be satisfied unless they have found 25 or more in a day, and there are some caches out there that would be less than interesting for most unless you find 25 or more of them in a day.
    I did 95 caches in one day by motorcycle and it was an accomplishment. I did over 50 of the car caches with my foot in a fracture boot and that was an accomplishment. I did 101 on Stud Mill Rd with Shewolf and that was an accomplishment. I climbed Coburn MT for a FTF and got one smiley that day. It was still an accomplishment. I worked my way through a swamp for a cache let me tell you, THAT was an accomplishment. I enjoy most caches that I do and if I don't think much of one I probably made up for it with a couple more anyway. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    I have to disagree with you on that. I want to see people put out caches who WANT to put out caches. People who enjoy putting out caches. Not people who do it because they think they should. That way we get better caches and better experiences in better locations.
    I agree with you, Terry. Saying that cachers should put out caches is like saying that people who go to football games should play football, or, even better, that people who play golf should open also open golf courses.

IT's NOT ABOUT THE NUMBERS!!!

LT/WhereRWe . . . I guess I kind of look at folks placing caches as "giving" back to the hobby . . . now I know there are other ways of contributing to the sport, but to me the most effective way of giving back and keeping this sport going is to place a cache for others to find . . .

When I see a person with a bazillion finds and zero to no cache hides I wonder if they simply don't want to take the time and money to hide a cache . . . I would find it hard to believe that a person cannot find a single, unique place to hide a cache.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."