Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: RE: Geocaching/ATVing Event

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default RE: Geocaching/ATVing Event

    Last year I decided to host a geocaching/ATVing event . . . but canceled it for a variety of reasons . . . including the fact that at one point it appeared as though there was only going to be three people there.

    However, this year I am giving some serious thought to trying to host it for real this time around.

    I'm thinking of setting it up for The County as I'm pretty sure I can get a campground right next to the extensive trail system, non-ATVers could stop by if they so choose and it seems as though there are 10-14 trailside caches that could be done in the area.

    Anyone interested in the concept . . . besides you Hiram . . . I know you would be interested.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Last year I decided to host a geocaching/ATVing event . . . but canceled it for a variety of reasons . . . including the fact that at one point it appeared as though there was only going to be three people there.

    However, this year I am giving some serious thought to trying to host it for real this time around.

    I'm thinking of setting it up for The County as I'm pretty sure I can get a campground right next to the extensive trail system, non-ATVers could stop by if they so choose and it seems as though there are 10-14 trailside caches that could be done in the area.

    Anyone interested in the concept . . . besides you Hiram . . . I know you would be interested.
    atvs are lame... I want a pottery event!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Starks
    Posts
    323

    Default

    I have a Rokon that can go anywhere your ATV can and some places it can't but it couldn't keep up since it does about 18 mph tops. The 4 wheeler I have (Kodiak 4x4) goes fine but has no brakes. LOL

    By the way, On the trails up in Moscow there are now a lot of caches that can be gotten by 4 wheeler.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    I have a Rokon that can go anywhere your ATV can and some places it can't but it couldn't keep up since it does about 18 mph tops. The 4 wheeler I have (Kodiak 4x4) goes fine but has no brakes. LOL

    By the way, On the trails up in Moscow there are now a lot of caches that can be gotten by 4 wheeler.
    I almost bought one of those a few years back! but the whoe 18mph thing was quite a turnoff... do you have the wheels that are also the beer ke... i mean extra water and fuel storage?

    and bring the kodiak! just make sure to ride behind someone that does have brakes!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Belgrade, Maine
    Posts
    953

    Default Or Rope

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    and bring the kodiak! just make sure to ride behind someone that does have brakes!
    Or in front of someone with a long, strong rope.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    china,maine
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    atvs are lame... I want a pottery event!
    Just so happens that I have worked in the pottery business for 23 years so....
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Starks
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Here is mine. A guy is driving up from Mass to buy it this weekend. (probably)

    Some guy put a 340 snowmobile motor in one. It goes a lot faster than 18 mph. If he didn't kill himself on it. LOL
    I have seen pictures of others with Honda 125 and 175 cc motors in them too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    Here is mine. A guy is driving up from Mass to buy it this weekend. (probably)

    Some guy put a 340 snowmobile motor in one. It goes a lot faster than 18 mph. If he didn't kill himself on it. LOL
    I have seen pictures of others with Honda 125 and 175 cc motors in them too.
    nice! I can't imagine them being too stable over 20mph though....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    Just so happens that I have worked in the pottery business for 23 years so....
    so does that mean you'll host it??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    I have a Rokon that can go anywhere your ATV can and some places it can't but it couldn't keep up since it does about 18 mph tops. The 4 wheeler I have (Kodiak 4x4) goes fine but has no brakes. LOL

    By the way, On the trails up in Moscow there are now a lot of caches that can be gotten by 4 wheeler.
    Ah, brakes are over-rated . . . I went most of last year without brakes . . . of course they usually had me leading the rides. On a serious note . . . the Honda I ride shifts down to a granny gear which is nearly as effective as brakes and in fairness I had some brakes . . . just not much. This was fixed last Fall though.

    Ah yes . . . geocaches and ATVing in Moscow . . . so I noticed after this past weekend . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •