vb:literal>

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GSAK question

Default GSAK question

When I run my stats I get 1999 finds on 1998 unique geocaches. Is there an easy way to find out which one I "found" twice so I can fix that?

Smile You mean.....

you don't remember each and every cache you've found?

LOL

I barely remember the ones I did last week.

Smile Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    LOL

I barely remember the ones I did last week.
    Exactly what is it we were talking about?

In your GSAK program there is a column called Fcount(foundcount).

If you click on the Fcount column once or twice it will order them and one will show a count of 2. It will be either the first listing or the last. That one that has the 2 in it will be the cache that was logged twice.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Thanks, I figured that out. Now I need to figure out how to fix it. LOL

Fixed, Thanks.

If it shows a 2 then there are two logs. It could be a cache that was moved and you did it a second time after it was moved. Check the log and that should tell you what is going on. Then if it should only be found 1 time delete one of the logs and then delete the gsak entry of the cache under the waypoint heading and download the new gpx file that shows only one log. Your found count should then show a 1 and you should be all set.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Here is another GSAK question for you....

How can I filter out of my database caches that have been archived. I have been noticing that there is no way when my PQs get generated throughout the week for my Maine and NH database in GSAK that when a cache gets archived, I have no way of seeing this in my PQ, and hence I still have caches I try to go find that have been archived? Any ideas?

I had logged the wrong cache as found. When I did my found caches it saved the log. I deleted that log and logged the correct cache. Then when I did find the first cache GSAK had 2 found logs even though I had deleted it on the cache page. I had to go in and delete the log in GSAk.

Getting rid of archived caches.
    You can delete your entire data base and then get all your pocket queries again or do what I did. Spend an afternoon going through the caches with the two panes in GSAK. Archived caches show as archived in the lower pane and you can delete them.

Of course you can leave them in and find them like I have done more than once. LOL