vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Geocaching/ATVing Event

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    so does that mean you'll host it??
    Hmmm . . . I think I would have to attend a pottery caching event just to see Hiram making ceramic beer steins . . . or attempting to do so.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    I have a Rokon that can go anywhere your ATV can and some places it can't but it couldn't keep up since it does about 18 mph tops. The 4 wheeler I have (Kodiak 4x4) goes fine but has no brakes. LOL

By the way, On the trails up in Moscow there are now a lot of caches that can be gotten by 4 wheeler.
    I didn't know what a Rokon was until I looked it up (and then of course I scrolled down and saw your own Rokon) . . . at which point I remembered seeing one when I was just a kid.

18 mph . . . way too slow . . . that's about the speed that Hiram goes . . . when he's trying to tick me off . . . or re-enact the ride we went on in Liberty recently.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Well, I sold the Rokon Saturday. Now I need to find one or two junk ones that don't run or are missing parts. I want to build one with a motorcycle engine that will keep up with the 4 wheelers. Have the only 2x2 in the group. LOL

Hmmm . . . you got me thinking LT . . . I'm still leaning towards doing this event in the County, but the Moscow area is quite nice too.

Do you happen to have a list or map showing ATV trails with caches right next to them . . . in looking at the County it seemed as though there were 14 caches along the trails -- mostly in the PI area.

Also, what campgrounds are in the area?

I would be interested in attending this event. Have not had much time to cache with two small kids and full time work. I would love to "get away" for a day or two for some caching and wheeling. It all depends on the weekend. I work every other one.

Pottery event?! Oh, OH pick me, pick me! I wannna go, I wanna go!!

Quote Originally Posted by al'Thor View Post
    I would be interested in attending this event. Have not had much time to cache with two small kids and full time work. I would love to "get away" for a day or two for some caching and wheeling. It all depends on the weekend. I work every other one.
    I hear ya . . . I tend to plan my "fun" weekends every other weekend since my wife works every other weekend . . . weeks when she works I play and when she is home we both work on the house.

So I'm starting to think more on holding this event . . . for those folks who might actually attend this event . . . and specifically for those folks who not only want to attend such an event, but also ride an ATV . . . what dates work for you?

I know summer weekends get busy fast . . . so perhaps what I'm really asking is what dates would not work for folks.

So I'm thinking again . . .

For folks who might be interested . . . either in riding or simply stopping by to say hi and get a Smiley . . .

-----------------------------

How does Presque Isle sound for a location?

In looking at a map it appears as though there are 10 ATV accessible caches in the PI/Mapleton/Stockholm area.

I know Laughing Terry mentioned caches in the Moscow area along the trail . . . this may be a contender as well . . . but I would need to know if there was a nearby camping area/campground and if these caches are in fact along the trail . . . perhaps Terry or someone who lives there could give me some more info.

If anyone has any ideas on other places that would have a large number of caches accessible by ATVs . . . with camping on the trail or nearby I would love to hear from them since I'm not locked into any place or date yet.

----------------------------------

As for a date . . . I have a couple dates in mind . . . July 24th or August 7th . . . I understand that the Tread Lightly event may be on August 21st just as a FYI. Either of these dates conflict with anyone's schedule?

--------------------------------

As for what the plan was . . . I was thinking of riding on Saturday morning and afternoon . . . and holding the actual event in the early evening . . . say around 6 p.m. or so in case folks just wanted to come for the event . . . and then ride the following day.

Too bad my old ATV is only set up for one rider....well, that and I work retail so I usually can't plan on weekend events too far in advance. Sounds like fun.