vb:literal>

Thread: Photo Gallery

Default Photo Gallery

I am realy amazed at the high quality of the photos in the gallery.

Sheesh! Some fantastic photography. I look through them neary every time I log on.

I encourage everyone to spend some time looking at the great work of your fellow cachers.

If I EVER get broadband internet in this small central Maine town, I'll prbably upload some photos myself, But until then, I'll enjoy browsing through the great efforts of others.

Keep it up, people!

Post 5 minuts is all it takes

5 minutes and my photos are uploaded. And thats a dial up connection. Hows that go, sheesh. Whats the real reason? LOL
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    5 minutes and my photos are uploaded. And thats a dial up connection. Hows that go, sheesh. Whats the real reason? LOL
    Perhaps that works for you, but I'm still using my 300 baud modem!

Are you able to downsize your photos before you download them? I usually like to downsize mine to less than 100KB and that way it doesn't take very long at all. IF you want a free photo editing software,Irfanview is good for what you might want to use it for and I like the word FREE. I do have PSE 2 but only use it for real photoshop techniques. I am on dial-up too and it only takes less than a minute for a 100KB photo to upload.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Internet speeds

First, this is not a plug for and I have no ties to the company either.

I live in Lagrange and doubt that I'll ever see cable or dsl in my area. I got tired of dial-up so I bought a 2-way satellite system from Direcway (www.direcway.com). It's 'always on' and I get transfer speeds much faster than I ever did with dial up.

Quote Originally Posted by mainesurveyor
    First, this is not a plug for and I have no ties to the company either.

I live in Lagrange and doubt that I'll ever see cable or dsl in my area. I got tired of dial-up so I bought a 2-way satellite system from Direcway (www.direcway.com). It's 'always on' and I get transfer speeds much faster than I ever did with dial up.
    I've had DirecWay one-way service for several years. I'd go to 2-way, but I'm terribly annoyed at their FAP policy, and I lose the signal so often that it isn't worth it. May has been so rainy that several tims I've had to shut down the satellite modem and go to straight dial-up... With my 300 baud modem, of course...

But WiMax is coming! I can feel it in my bones. And when it does...

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Are you able to downsize your photos before you download them? I usually like to downsize mine to less than 100KB and that way it doesn't take very long at all. IF you want a free photo editing software,Irfanview is good for what you might want to use it for and I like the word FREE. I do have PSE 2 but only use it for real photoshop techniques. I am on dial-up too and it only takes less than a minute for a 100KB photo to upload.
    I have photo editing software, but I'm not really familiar with it. Guess I should start my education...

Default Internet access

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    But WiMax is coming! I can feel it in my bones. And when it does...

WiMax? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by mainesurveyor
    WiMax? What's that?
    WiMax is like WiFi (wireless internet access) but with a range of THIRTY MILES! Some municipalities are adopting it to provide city-wide public internet access (Here's a link to an article about Portland, OREGON):

http://www.joejava.com/cloudcover.htm

WiFi is becoming more available all the time (but it has a very short range - limited to a few hundred feet). I just read that about 70 public libraries in Maine now have WiFi access, though.

An I see that Motorola has just announced a new protocol for sending high speed internet over power lines. Do you hear that Central Maine Power???