vb:literal>

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: interesting cache placement

Default interesting cache placement

This cache is accessible only when a train is passing by. You have to wait for a train to get the cache. And if you are not able to log it and put it back while train is passing by you must wait for another train to be able to put it back

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...c-f4c7f5902f2d
    Moo

Hmmm... I can't access the page. Was the cache taken down? GC.com has a rule about caches being at least 150 feet away from active railroads.

EDIT: Whoops! Never mind, I forgot GC.com was down for maintenance when I tried to access it. I'll have to take a look at it when the site's back up.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeMainer View Post
    Hmmm... I can't access the page. Was the cache taken down? GC.com has a rule about caches being at least 150 feet away from active railroads.

EDIT: Whoops! Never mind, I forgot GC.com was down for maintenance when I tried to access it. I'll have to take a look at it when the site's back up.
    Yes GC is down for maintenance at this moment. GC rules doesn't apply in Slovakia :P
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Yes GC is down for maintenance at this moment. GC rules doesn't apply in Slovakia :P
    Maybe I need to move to Slovakia!

Cano, can we get a translation of the cache listing? I'd like to know how this works...

What's odd about it is that it is part of a series of caches placed to celebrate the 10 Year Birthday of Geocaching.... I wonder if it has special Groundspeak approval? If so, I wonder why their Guidelines don't apply...

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Maybe I need to move to Slovakia!

Cano, can we get a translation of the cache listing? I'd like to know how this works...
    There is English translation under each paragraph, but it doesn't say how it works, you must figure out on site. Nano cache is placed on railway gate and when the gate is open cache is high inaccessible. When a train approaches the gate is lowered to close the road and you can reach the cache. There will be plenty of muggles waiting in cars as well as passengers in train. See the gallery. I love this idea.
    But this is nothing to compare to another cache the same guy placed. You have to cross the railway bridge to get to the cache and there is enough room just for the train, so you better check train schedule if you can't run 100mph, cache is in a river with very strong current, you have to jump down, with a rope attached, so even if you survive the bridge you will be taken by river Now that's how caching should be, not some stupid GRC
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    What's odd about it is that it is part of a series of caches placed to celebrate the 10 Year Birthday of Geocaching.... I wonder if it has special Groundspeak approval? If so, I wonder why their Guidelines don't apply...
    Local rules and regulations always apply, we don't have any regulations about railways, you can do what ever you want there. You must not interfere with functionality of course. If you get hit by a train it's your problem.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    There is English translation under each paragraph, but it doesn't say how it works, you must figure out on site. Nano cache is placed on railway gate and when the gate is open cache is high inaccessible. When a train approaches the gate is lowered to close the road and you can reach the cache. There will be plenty of muggles waiting in cars as well as passengers in train. See the gallery. I love this idea.
    But this is nothing to compare to another cache the same guy placed. You have to cross the railway bridge to get to the cache and there is enough room just for the train, so you better check train schedule if you can't run 100mph, cache is in a river with very strong current, you have to jump down, with a rope attached, so even if you survive the bridge you will be taken by river Now that's how caching should be, not some stupid GRC
    This is hilarious!

Didn't translate it but looks like already it needs maintenance...............

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Didn't translate it but looks like already it needs maintenance...............
    Just log book is full
    Moo