vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragonfly picture taken with my Oregon

Default Dragonfly picture taken with my Oregon

One more picture taken with the Oregon 550T. I am still amazed that it takes such good pictures. All it needs is a zoom. LOL

Very cool.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

That wasn't taken with that fancy compass thingy.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Yes, yes it was. LOL All my Geocaching pictures are taken with that now. I don't even take my digital camera caching with me anymore and my cell phone doesn't have a camera.

I could not live without my 10X optical zoom when taking pictures while caching. Once I revisited a cache with Lee and took her down the side of a river I found it on, and we could find nothing and her GPS was pointing out in the water (I had not realized, but the cache owner had relocated the cache). She looked across and said there was something in the crotch of the tree. Sure enough, I zoomed in and took a pic and you could clearly see the tupperware on the LCD screen!

However, after screwing up on so many offset, multi and puzzle caches, I always take pictures of plaques I need information from or coordinates written in the lids of stages and the like. Having the camera on the GPS could be great for that.

Regardless, I think I'd almost cache without a GPSr before I'd cache without a digital camera!
    Last edited by brdad; 06-01-2010 at 07:05 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Very cool pic . . . and I'm yet again impressed with the Oregon . . . impressive close up pic.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

P.S. Someone should ask Hiram about taking pictures while kayaking. . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Did LT get a pic of Tandemstoker after her accidental exit from her kayak on Flagstaff Sunday?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    Yes, yes it was. LOL All my Geocaching pictures are taken with that now. I don't even take my digital camera caching with me anymore and my cell phone doesn't have a camera.
    How are you gonna take a picture of you with GPS in your hand for Earth and Virtual caches as a proof?
    Moo

Default Hmmmm?

Take two pictures. One of the Earth or Virtual and one of you standing in front of the cache. Would that pass muster with Northwoods Teacher and Northwoods Explorer? Or bring a mirror. Have your caching partner hold the mirror so it points at the cache. Stand with your back to the cache, facing the mirror and take the picture of the mirror. You'll be holding the GPS and the cache will be behind you. Of course this means you need to cache with a mirror holding buddy to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    How are you gonna take a picture of you with GPS in your hand for Earth and Virtual caches as a proof?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.