vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another new Garmin

Default Another new Garmin

For those of you who love your 60csx here is the latest update from Garmin.

http://garmin.blogs.com/pr/2010/06/g...handheld-.html
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    For those of you who love your 60csx here is the latest update from Garmin.

http://garmin.blogs.com/pr/2010/06/g...handheld-.html
    Hmmmm... I could get one of these for geocaching and then mount the 60csx on the ATV I just bought! LOL!

I still like a lot of features of my 60csx. I still use it to place new caches and get a mostly positive response to the coords.

Not sure what Garmin is trying to do here. The Oregon will do all the things the 62 will and more, so what's the point? Is it cost?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Looks like a non-touch screen version to me...so you have a paperless way to cache with either a touch screen or non-touch screen. I'm looking at a Oregon 450 by this coming Friday. Might even find a cache with it as soon as I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Not sure what Garmin is trying to do here. The Oregon will do all the things the 62 will and more, so what's the point? Is it cost?
    The 62 appears to have the look and feel of the 60csx. It's probably meant for old people like us who have trouble learning new things. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Looks like a non-touch screen version to me...so you have a paperless way to cache with either a touch screen or non-touch screen. I'm looking at a Oregon 450 by this coming Friday. Might even find a cache with it as soon as I get it.
    All the cool kids are getting them!

On my recent geocaching excursion I was the only one without one . . . just me and my lowly little Magellan 210. No color screens. No beaming data. No touch screens. Just me, my Magellan and the paper map I taped together.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Magellan

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    All the cool kids are getting them!

On my recent geocaching excursion I was the only one without one . . . just me and my lowly little Magellan 210. No color screens. No beaming data. No touch screens. Just me, my Magellan and the paper map I taped together.
    I found my first cache with a Magellan Map 330 that was my Dad's before he passed away. I bought my current Magellan because of Dad's old one and my lack of experience with GPS's in general. Now that I've seen the difference between my Magellan and my wife's Garmin, I'm going to plunk down the cash and get the Garmin....but I have an ulterior motive...my sister gets to use my Magellan until she decides if she wants to get into caching and drag her husband into it. If she buys a Garmin at that point or determines she doesn't wanna go play with Tupperware in the woods, I'll have to invest in the handlebar holder for the Magellan and mount it on my ATV for use as an off-road guide to get us there on the ATV trails....am I building enough of a case for a new ATV that's built for two right from the factory yet?

Default are you kidding??

NO!! Unless you find that winning lottery combination dear!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I found my first cache with a Magellan Map 330 that was my Dad's before he passed away. I bought my current Magellan because of Dad's old one and my lack of experience with GPS's in general. Now that I've seen the difference between my Magellan and my wife's Garmin, I'm going to plunk down the cash and get the Garmin....but I have an ulterior motive...my sister gets to use my Magellan until she decides if she wants to get into caching and drag her husband into it. If she buys a Garmin at that point or determines she doesn't wanna go play with Tupperware in the woods, I'll have to invest in the handlebar holder for the Magellan and mount it on my ATV for use as an off-road guide to get us there on the ATV trails....am I building enough of a case for a new ATV that's built for two right from the factory yet?
    You had me at "ATV" . . . . . . Ironically enough I bought my first Magellan expressly for my ATV after getting lost on the Sunrise Trail in downeast Maine . . .

Now I tend to use my GPSr more for geocaching than anything else . . .

Oh yeah . . . the factory-built 2-ups are pretty slick . . . but I'm saving my pennies for a new Honda . . . well that and a new Skidoo . . . and unfortunately either a very expensive repair to the 4Runner or a new cachemobile.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

PLEASE don't go get the Oregon 450, because if you do that, I'll have to go get the Oregon 550t just to stay ahead of my little sister and her husband. Do you want to be responsible for starting a GPSr war???
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"