vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stud Mill Road - July18, 2010

Default Stud Mill Road - July18, 2010

I'll be up in the Bangor area that weekend, mostly for a high school reunion (Hampden Academy, class of 1980) and to visit my brother and his family. I was thinking of doing the Stud Mill run and wanted to see if anyone was interested in tackling it with me. The only real day that I have available for this is July 18, and I can start kind of early in the morning, and I'd like to finish up sometime by mid afternoon.

Anyone interested?
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

I think I have to wash my hair that day...

Actually I'd like to get a bunch of cachers together on a bus and be the driver. If each cacher or maybe a group of two alternates running to the cache and signing the log for the group, they will be rested up by the time it is their turn again. I think we could make record time. I have been thinking about this lately!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Really?

Hold the presses! Brdad is going to participate in a power run? But wait a minute. He logged this at 1:37 AM. Maybe he was over-stimulated from too much diet Moxie. Caffeine can make you irrational.

So you drive the bus, others can sit in the back, take pictures, make sandwiches, sing geocaching songs.....what a scene this could be! Put me down as legal coordinator to certify the validity of all finds. I could prepare Powers of Attorney for each cacher authorizing the two "runners" to officially sign for everybody on the bus, even the driver!

This could be the geocaching news story of the decade!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I think I have to wash my hair that day...

Actually I'd like to get a bunch of cachers together on a bus and be the driver. If each cacher or maybe a group of two alternates running to the cache and signing the log for the group, they will be rested up by the time it is their turn again. I think we could make record time. I have been thinking about this lately!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Well, not fully participate, just drive! It would be against my personal rules to not go to the cache and log it myself, which would slow things down a lot and I'd be annoyed by #10. But I'd have fun just driving. I'll even bring my super fly swatter!

I came close to signing in as a group on one cache, Just For Fits And Giggles! (GC1AZH8) by Mapachi (4/1.5), and did I catch heck! I won't let that happen again!

May 2 by Team2hunt (4745 found)

Group caching always has it's laughs, and stories. Someone always seems to have a finger pointed at them during the search and today was no different. TAT was the first to cry " found it " and well........not so much. . Next up was noreasta for not checking well enough when he was in the hot seat. And then the last was Brdad. We almost had a cache that he was going to log without his signature on it! , but mstlee stepped in and made things right at the last moment. Thanks for the help in making the find. I signed the log in green ink, " 10 year event group ". I signed the log and we have pics to prove the rest.
    Last edited by brdad; 06-05-2010 at 09:18 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by NativeMainer View Post
    I'll be up in the Bangor area that weekend, mostly for a high school reunion (Hampden Academy, class of 1980) and to visit my brother and his family. I was thinking of doing the Stud Mill run and wanted to see if anyone was interested in tackling it with me. The only real day that I have available for this is July 18, and I can start kind of early in the morning, and I'd like to finish up sometime by mid afternoon.

Anyone interested?
    Hey, HA class of '82! Small world.

As the designated driver would you "dress" appropriately for the occasion?
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Anyhoo, getting back to my original question...

Quote Originally Posted by NativeMainer View Post

Anyone interested?
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Question Newbie ? re: carpool caching

I've only cached alone. When you go out with a group, do you all hunt at once and see who finds it first? Does one person find it but not say where and everyone takes a turn? Does one person find it and then everyone signs the log? Please say more.

Talking Ok

Sometimes, depends, yes/no/maybe!!

Sue it really depends on the group who is caching together. I myself only cache when I am alone or with somebody.

Most of the time we just "find" it and enjoy the location. Assuming there is a location to enjoy. Other times on a tricky hide when one finds it we say we are "sitting" as we walk away from it and let the others look too. All depends on what everyone has for a plan.
    Happy Trails!

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I myself only cache when I am alone or with somebody.
    Are you practicing to be a politician or are you already in office?

That looks an awful lot like an answer a politician would give.