vb:literal>

Thread: Cache Placement Guidelines Question

Default Cache Placement Guidelines Question

Hey all you experienced cache placers,

Kev and I have discovered a really nice walking trail we would like to place some caches on. Before we go to the town where this trail is located to get permission, we want to know how many caches we can place. Here is the issue, the trail is a loop trail that is only .40 long and the lead in to this trail runs along side part of it. So that means that at very few parts is there 600 ft from any other part. It sounds bad but this is a lovely wooded area with a nice stream and would make a great short walk in the woods for folks especially those with younger children who get bored on longer hikes. We would like to put 3 caches on this micro(at trailhead), small and regular on the actual trail. But would it satisfy groundspeak requirements if the cache listing stated to stay on the marked trail (no bushwacking) in which case the 600 ft rule would not be an issue?

I emailed maine publisher about this but I am sure he is much to busy this time of year to be able to answer. Any thoughts?
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Hope that makes sense LOL
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Default As the crow flys.....

I think you'll find that it is 528 feet as the crow flys, no doubt we'll have some more input here.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I just gave MP a dope slap for being so slow. (He sent you a response)
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Maine Publisher found a minute to get back to me and thought it might work to put a multi cache in this spot....that might work best here....have to read a bit more about how those work because I havent delt with them before.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post

No worries!!! Thanks !!

Default Yes, multi multi multi!

If I said it once, I said it a million times, multis or even a clever mystery cache can get you around many of the guidelines! But don't forget you also have to stay .1 mile away from any caches outside your wooded area.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    If I said it once, I said it a million times, multis or even a clever mystery cache can get you around many of the guidelines! But don't forget you also have to stay .1 mile away from any caches outside your wooded area.

There are no other caches for several over a mile so all good there...to be honest a multi never occured to me at all....

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Who is this Anonymous MP, and how do you know him so well TAT?