vb:literal>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GSAK question

Nope, that's blank. I thought, when I just tried to load the last PQ I did, that the child waypoints was the issue. It was trying to load over 500 including child waypoints so I did another PQ and limited it to 400 so the child waypoints wouldn't be the issue....and apparently they weren't anyway. It still only loads 50.

Ok... here's a thought. How do you know it's loading only 50? I have not used the venture, but the yellow or legends do not report how many waypoints there are. If you are going by the number of waypoints in the nearest waypoints screen, then that list is limited on almost all GPSrs, often to 20 or 50, but there are more waypoints in the unit. If you search for a waypoint by name instead of nearest, all caches are visible.

It has to be something simple like that, we just gotta figure out what.
    Last edited by brdad; 06-09-2010 at 07:42 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Okay, knew it had to be something simple this early in the morning.

Question Check on GSAK

You have a box on the load page in GSAK as to how caches you want to load. See if it is maybe set to 50. As Dave said earlier he set his a little below the 500 or 1000 threshold to leave room for the kiddie waypoints. This is why I like the new Oregon 450. I have currently have 3476 unfound caches in Maine. They all fit with plenty of room to spare. I don't have to worry about where in Maine I am caching. If I leave the state then I have to do it a bit different.
    Happy Trails!

I like my 550T It has all 4,855 or so geocaches in Maine I haven't found, then as POI it has every geocache in Maine that I have found as well as all of the ones I have placed. It makes it easier placing caches when I can check and see if I am getting close to another cache.

If you read the comments I left on Brdads article you might find that I was having the same problem. As I have said before I should be a beta tester. If there is a way to screw it up I'll find it.

Here is the solution as I have the same unit you do. Place the unit on a hard stable surface and pound the ever living s**t out of it.

No really, the 500 caches are in there. First reset the unit clearing all the caches out by going to the trip menu and selecting the reset and select all.

When it is empty load it up again as usual. Now check again... Holy crap you only have 50 just as before. Wrong.

When you go to the wavepoints or cache screen, at the bottom of the screen you'll see it says from current location. push the menu button and select search by name. Punch in a name that is further out that the fifty you see. You'll find it's in there. Or punch in a different location. You'll find the 500 are in there, it only shows the closest 50 to where you are.

This also works on the Nuvi.

Now if you need a class...

Another thing is set GSAK to 500 and then after loading go the wavepoints and then menu and then delete. Delete all the blue flags. Those are the disabled ones and that will make room for marking your car and coordinates on multi's.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 06-10-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

We're planning on trying to make the breakfast at Kev-Lan. Does anyone know if Kev-Lan has wifi?

I knew the Nuvi only showed about 50 or so. Not sure why it didn't click that Pam's eTrex would do the same. We've got it now, I think. lol

Yes, they have Wifi.

All you can eat. Try it with the special sauce. Yummy!

Of course you wouldn't have to ask if WhereRwe? would get off his a** and put together that list of Wifi places he promised several years ago!

Oh lord, here we go...
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Here is another GSAK question for you....

How can I filter out of my database caches that have been archived. I have been noticing that there is no way when my PQs get generated throughout the week for my Maine and NH database in GSAK that when a cache gets archived, I have no way of seeing this in my PQ, and hence I still have caches I try to go find that have been archived? Any ideas?
    There are several ways ......
    Choose Last GPX update in the view column ..... sort by this and then use :-
    Waypoint
    Status check to test / update individual points.

Alternatively , if you run a bunch of PQs to cover an area ,

load them all from a folder and select the "set user flag " option , if you then search for "user flag " unset ...any caches shown haven't been downloaded ... so are probably archived.

So when will one of you smart people hold Geocaching GSAK event and teach us all how to use it? I would go to that event anyday.