vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Toms River.... New Jersey :)

Default Hello from Toms River.... New Jersey :)

Hi all!
    My name is Donna, I cache as "Arrow One, and have been caching for 5 years with 1183 finds so far.
    I dont get out of Jersey much, and am planning a trip to your beautyful state in October. The 17th to the 23rd to be exact. Im gonna be in the Bangor area, I want to stay at the Bangor Courtyard Marriot.
    Im gonna concentrate on the "A run for Karen" caches and would like to see other areas as well. I have a week!
    I'm hoping to meet some of you if anyone is available to give me a tour anytime during my stay.
    I just have to figure out how to get there, since I have an old car, dont fly, and hopefully they'll rent me a car with a debit card. lol
    Hope to see you in October!

Sheesh! Go ahead and fly. US Airways has a couple of direct flights a day to Bangor from Philadelphia - only 1 1/2 hours by air! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Go ahead and fly. US Airways has a couple of direct flights a day to Bangor from Philadelphia - only 1 1/2 hours by air! LOL!
    Thats what I was thinking. Beats a 9 - 10 hour drive!

Well if you've got the time I enjoyed the Battleship Cache Series in the City . . . and you can always make the short jaunt down to Mt. Desert Island for some of the picturesque caches there . . . plus it will give you an excuse to check out Acadia and eat some seafood.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hehheh . . . I had to look up A Cache For Karen since I didn't remember doing it . . . didn't realize it was the same as The Stud Mill Road cache series. Eikodia . . . did you rename this cache or am I just being my normal clueless self and didn't realize this was the cache series name?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Hehheh . . . I had to look up A Cache For Karen since I didn't remember doing it . . . didn't realize it was the same as The Stud Mill Road cache series. Eikodia . . . did you rename this cache or am I just being my normal clueless self and didn't realize this was the cache series name?
    I thought that was the starting cache for the series. See, not from the area and I already messed up! lol
    Oh! The seafood is a must do for me! I love seafood! Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow One View Post
    I thought that was the starting cache for the series. See, not from the area and I already messed up! lol
    Oh! The seafood is a must do for me! I love seafood! Thanks for the suggestion.
    That is the west end of the beginning, so you've got it right.

If you debit card is branded VISA or MC, most likely not a problem however a portion will be "held" or approved when renting a car.

Fall is an absolutely beautiful time to come to Maine, I would suggest not coming any later as the changing color leaves will be off the trees. The days can be pleasantly warm and the nights cool.....no mosquitoes or blackflies. It really is a wonderful time.

The caching community is very friendly, always willing to help when possible and if you hit it right, make an event. Speaking of which, you may want to consider coming during the week of September that includes the 23rd thru the 25th when the Useless in Eustis event is going on. That area has plenty of caches, plenty of friendly cachers and is one of the most beautiful spots in Maine.....one not to be missed.

Let me be the first to welcome you......even if it's electronically.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Thanks PM28570!
    I decided Im gonna rent a car and drive up. I can get a few caches in other states on the way there and back as well. I like to enjoy the scenery that you cant get while flying.
    I cant wait till October!
    When in doubt... run like hell!!

OK, third times the charm, I hope. Here is a list of caches at some of the attractions nearby.
    GC4B47 Bald Mountain Tower
    GCWEN7 Geo Post Office and Travel Bug Hotel, Bangor
    GCXY61 Thomas Hill Cache
    GCB688 You Sank My Battleship!
    GC1ZKD9 Garden Of Beauty
    GCP1NY Brewer by the Numbers
    GCZM7V Years of Upheaval
    GCGGYJ Joshua Chamberlain Cache
    GC1C4ZE Creepy Crawlers
    GCJGVH Tic Tac Bangor
    GCVPHQ Cool Tools
    GC1D4XW Remember the River Drivers II - Leonards Mills
    GCYY49 Telltale Heart
    GC7C06 Witch's Leg
    GC1CBH5 Fort Knox 1
    GC1VWN8 Maine's Adventure Challenge
    GCC0E Patty's Mount Battie
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Thanks Ekidokia!
    I will definately add them to my list of "Have to dos".
    When in doubt... run like hell!!