vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from New Britain Connecticut.

Default Greetings from New Britain Connecticut.

Greetings from New Britain Connecticut.

I searched out this forum because my wife Catlady and I are planning a trip to Madawaska in August. I wanted to get some ideas of caches we could find along the way. We are participating in the New England Challenge (GC27MHQ) where we are trying to find the oldest caches in all the New England states so we will definitely be stopping to find the Fort Williams cache (GC128).

Since we are driving to the top of the State I thought it might be fun to try and find the easternmost and northernmost caches in the US. Am I correct that the easternmost cache would be Quoddy Quandry (GC8A65)?

I see that what was called the Most Northeastern Cache in the US, (GCZDND) has been disabled. Does anyone know which cache is now the farthest northeast in Maine? (or just farthest North)

I see that several others have asked about the best caches to do in Maine so I will look at more posts here to get come additional caches to grab on our trip. We won’t be able to stop and do any long hikes but we certainly want to do some scenic ones. I did copy the caches near lighthouse list posted by benandtina.
    Thanks to all for a great forum.

Default Hey Gator

My sister lives in New Britain. She works at the Eastside. You been there? Cool place. Good luck here when you come up.
    Happy Trails!

OK, so I've got to ask . . . what's in Madawaska . . . it's not exactly this State's hot spot tourist destination . . . it's a nice place and the folks up that-away are wicked friendly . . . but it's a long way from LL Bean and the coast.

Most folks that head up that way are going to a family reunion, sledding or ATVing.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Most northern in Maine currently looks like Little Black River . . . but it also appears to be way, way out there. Next closest cache not disabled is the Four Corners cache in Madawaska . . . the good news is that Eichodokay sounds like he may be heading up there at some point to help get the most northerly cache going again.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

A quick glance and it appears as though the Earth Cache Fundy Tides is actually the eastern most cache (I had to compare it to the Old Sow cache though) . . . Quoddy Quandry seems to be the eastern most physical cache in Maine.

Incidentally, I highly encourage anyone to cache and explore this area of Maine . . . and to make the hop, skip and jump over the International Bridge to Campobello Island . . . Lubec and Campobello Island are among my favorite places to camp and cache . . . very picturesque, good hiking trails, lots of wildlife . . . in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Incidentally, I highly encourage anyone to cache and explore this area of Maine . . . and to make the hop, skip and jump over the International Bridge to Campobello Island . . . Lubec and Campobello Island are among my favorite places to camp and cache . . . very picturesque, good hiking trails, lots of wildlife . . . in the woods.
    I suggest you take the (pay) ferry from Eastport to Deer Island - very quaint villages and a nice camping area right on the water. There's a free ferry at the other end of the island that will take you to St. George. Another nice little town and a good place for geocaching and for stocking up on supplies.

I would have to suggest do Quoddy Quandry, then hop on over here to Campobello Island and do a few! I have around 30 caches here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    My sister lives in New Britain. She works at the Eastside. You been there? Cool place. Good luck here when you come up.
    We have not been there in years but enjoyed the food the last time we went.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    OK, so I've got to ask . . . what's in Madawaska . . . it's not exactly this State's hot spot tourist destination . . . it's a nice place and the folks up that-away are wicked friendly . . . but it's a long way from LL Bean and the coast.

Most folks that head up that way are going to a family reunion, sledding or ATVing.
    LOL. You are correct. My wife has family up there.

Thanks for all the help. We were talking about spending the ngiht around Lubec and going to Campobello sounds great.