vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Like Your GPS?

I just got my gpsmap 76cs. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    I havent thought of upgrading yet as the ol Vista is still ticking but I like the idea of auto routing that the new "C" has and also the color screen. You checked out the 60cs yet? And is there a store where they have all the lastest GPS's on display for trying out and getting a handle on one?
    We're thinking of visiting The Map Store in Old Town before the event on Saturday to compare options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I tried out the Map 60C again today. I turned it on and got satillite signal in about 3 minutes. Inside the store!!!! They were selling them for list which is 449.00 less a $50 rebate. I found them online for $311 after rebates. I am really tempted now. I like the way the e-trexes buttons function more than the Map 60C. But wow does that antenna make a huge difference.
    Better reception would be a MAJOR factor in my choice. Lately I've been plagued not so much by signals "bouncing" us all over the place, but completely losing the signal and having a VERY hard time reacquiring.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty
    I just got my gpsmap 76cs. I love it.
    Could you bring it to the next cache event I would like to check it out.
    Blazing Troll

We have the Garmin GPSmap 76 too.
    Great on batteries and nice big screen. It takes a ton of tree coverage to get bounce with it. We had bounce at the Bowdoin College cache woods, but none at the Brunswick Trolly Line cache where we were told to expect it. I haven't dropped it much (must protect the GPS!) And as long as we've read the logs we go right to the cache.

I have a 3 week old Legend C. So far I am loving it. I borrowed a friends set of Topo maps and I am very impressed with the map detail. The color screen really makes the maps look great and they are very easy to navagate. I usually get pretty good reception. In the woods the compass lags a bit but eventually catches up. Entering cords is easy enough. I love the features like sun&moon, games, stopwatch, fishing calendar, etc. I don't know what is standard in the Etrex line, sorry.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Wudeater and Wife
    I haven't dropped it much (must protect the GPS!)
    Too bad you guys don't have a nice case for it, to protect it...maybe you should look into that... ha ha ha

yeah.....hummmm

Smile Garmin eTrex Vista C

We purchased the eTrex Vista C after experimenting with trying to get the regular Vista to work with the serial cable. We returned the vista and purchased the Vista C with the USB cable and it just works. I love USB anything. We also got the Map Source CD and it it very helpful in finding roads to locate the caches and navigate to the next cache.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    RULOST2? is tired of my complaining, and agrees with me that it's time for a new GPS. I've been strongly considering the Garmin eTrex Vista C (color).

Anyone have one? Any comments?

d’76 Guest

I use a Garmin 60c and while Team Trout said it best. It is pretty expensive if your only caching with it. But the external antenna gives you great signals in heavey cover. The 60c doesn't have autorouting and that kinda stinks but its a great gpsr but I can't figure out how to play the games