vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One more reason I love my new Oregon 550T

Hybrid View

Default One more reason I love my new Oregon 550T

I was out caching with Shewolf and she has an Oregon 550T too. She didn't have a geocache in hers that I had so I sent her Oregon the geocache info by wireless transfer from mine. No muss, no fuss, no reading off and putting in coordinates by hand.

Gotta love it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    I was out caching with Shewolf and she has an Oregon 550T too. She didn't have a geocache in hers that I had so I sent her Oregon the geocache info by wireless transfer from mine. No muss, no fuss, no reading off and putting in coordinates by hand.

Gotta love it. LOL
    Yup, Mainiac1957 and Hiram 357 helped me out the same way doing the kayak caches up in Abbott. It sure is a good thing!

I just picked up the Oregon 450 but haven't tried out the wireless feature yet. Haven't got another one near to play with. Pam (JustPJ66) isn't interested in upgrading from her eTrex Venture HC because she loves the way it works for what she needs.

I found something else the Oregon 550T will do. I submerged it to take this picture of a crawdad.

Default Not me

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    I found something else the Oregon 550T will do. I submerged it to take this picture of a crawdad.
    I don't think I'd submerge something I paid as much for as a 550T. Glad you don't have any qualms doing so, though. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I don't think I'd submerge something I paid as much for as a 550T. Glad you don't have any qualms doing so, though. lol

He wouldnt dare do it with me around anyway.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Default Not a problem

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    But that's what they are built to do. They have a rating that allows them to be submerged. Same idea as the Olympus "tough" series of cameras which will go down to 30+ feet. The one thing I would do with a 550 is to have it on a float strap seeing as they will sink.

That was one of the first things I did with my 60 CSx was to put it under water. It said it was capable and I wanted to know if it was. Better to find out in a controlled situation, than to drop it in water by accident.
    Happy Trails!

No zoom involved. I had the Oregon about 4 inches from him under water. LOL

Does that fancy compass thingy beam all the cache page info too?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default No it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Does that fancy compass thingy beam all the cache page info too?

At least in my experience. Just sends the waypoint data, not the GPX file.