vb:literal>

Thread: Google

Default Google

I'm not too savvy with this fancy computer stuff, but when I figure it out I know it well because I have done it every possible wrong way there is.

I just typed in geocache to Google and this site was the third listed. I think that means that we get a lot of hits.

I know that one reason is that we have geocaching right up front of the title, but I also have been looking around the other state sites for ideas on my next project and I don't see a site as good as this one or as active.

Congratulations and thank you to Attroll for setting this up and all the work behind the scenes. Also congratulations and thank you to the moderators and stand ins that are keeping this going while he is traversing the AT trail.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

HEAR HEAR!! or is that HERE HERE??????

well you get the point.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Outside of paying for placement (which I am quite certain has not happened for this site), Google puts many factors into placement, one of which is how many other web pages link to this site. Linking to this site on your cache page helps a lot, as does mentioning it When you are discussing caching in other forums or on social networking sites like facebook or anywhere else you can.

It's great that we are near the top and that gets people in the door, but keeping people here is the next step. I still think there is a lot of room for improvement in the form or articles and stories.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."