vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A different, yet PROMISING type of Muggle Activity!

Thumbs up A different, yet PROMISING type of Muggle Activity!

I received this kind and interesting email from Groundspeak today. I have since disabled the cache and will replace myself in the coming days... any thoughts?

"Hi Chadd,

I hope you are doing well! A muggle recently found and took your cache GC22QVM near the Maine Turnpike and I wanted to get it back to you. You may want to disable it in the meantime as I see a few cachers have DNFed it since then. If you could please give me your permission to send your email address to the muggle, I will ask him to contact you and figure out a way to ship it to you.

Thanks so much!

Best Regards, Sara

Community Relations Representative
    "

Interesting. Maybe the muggle thought you lost it. Were there marbles in it, too?

No, it is a micro. Maybe room for one of my lost marbles. Not all.... hopefully the muggle will soon be a Geocacher!

This reminded me of a few years back, a kid found a cache (IIRC, it was a larger Tupperware) and took it home with him. I thik this was in the PA area. When the mother found out she found the stash note and checked out the web site. She came into national chat and asked what to do, and after prompted had the kid return the cache to it's proper spot. She hung out in the chat for a few weeks saying how it would be nice to start caching herself, but she did not have money for a GPSr. before long, a collection was taken up and a GPSr was sent to her...

Then, she was gone. No more activity from her account and never heard from her again.

Hopefully this works out to something more positive!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default hehe

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    No, it is a micro. Maybe room for one of my lost marbles. Not all.... hopefully the muggle will soon be a Geocacher!
    You caught that.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    This reminded me of a few years back, a kid found a cache (IIRC, it was a larger Tupperware) and took it home with him. I thik this was in the PA area. When the mother found out she found the stash note and checked out the web site. She came into national chat and asked what to do, and after prompted had the kid return the cache to it's proper spot. She hung out in the chat for a few weeks saying how it would be nice to start caching herself, but she did not have money for a GPSr. before long, a collection was taken up and a GPSr was sent to her...

Then, she was gone. No more activity from her account and never heard from her again.
    Sheesh! I think I've heard this story before, and I think I bought her GPSr on eBay!

Smile It had happened to me also!

I hid a series of caches along the Presumpscot river in Westbrook and one of them, Stepping Stone B, washed away during a large rain storm. It was a moderately large Lock N Lock.

About five months later I received an email from Groundspeak giving me the name and telephone number of someone in Falmouth who had the cache. I was intrigued and called to learn that he had found it along the shore on Mackworth Island. About 7 miles as the crow flies and nearly 10 along the river from where it had been placed.

I had long since replaced the cache, but it was fun to meet the fellow and retrieve it. He had found it and using the GC references in it contacted Groundspeak and obtained my e-mail address. I don't think he was interested enough to become a cacher, however.

I have had to replace the cache again and now the original container is back in play.

I believe there is an ammo can somewhere in the park behind Bangor High School. It was found by a muggle and taken. They returned and put it back where they "thought it went" but not where it should have been. Maybe someone doing Creepy Crawlers will someday stumble upon it.

I don't remember all the details, but a few years back, someone found a geocache somewhere in Florida and took it. For some reason, whoever took the cache hid it near a published cache in New Hampshire. I remember hearing about it on Bass Chaz's podcast.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I believe there is an ammo can somewhere in the park behind Bangor High School. It was found by a muggle and taken. They returned and put it back where they "thought it went" but not where it should have been. Maybe someone doing Creepy Crawlers will someday stumble upon it.
    How about a link.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.