vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ferry Beach 2001 cache?

Very well, we can see what NativeMainer finds out, and if he gets nowhere he can ask for help or ideas and we'll most likely have to contact someone on the next step up.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I have placed most of the caches in Bradbury and yes I have gotten permission

The way I read it was that this was one cache in one state park. Maybe once NM talks to the park manager this issue will be resolved? Hope for the best.

I was reading this thread, and this was also one of my first caches. This is a favorite place of mine as well. It would be a shame if it does get archived. Anyways, just a thought, but I was thinking, I wonder if it is because it gives alternate parking cords to get to the cache the back way? I know when I did the cache it was during summer season and I knew where to park,(being from the area) so that I didn't have to pay the park entrance fee. Maybe they want people to park and pay, and NOT sneak in the back?! Not sure if this makes sense, I was just thinking this could be part of the problem. The state sure does like it's money!

Default Bradbury

Penny, Iampaw, is a very responsible cacher. You can be assured she got permission to place the many fun caches that are at Bradbury.

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Good points TAT. Then again, I would hope that there is consistency within the State Parks here in Maine. Look at Bradbury Mountain State Park! There are like 30 or 40 caches in there. Have they all been placed with permission?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

And I know, parmachenee received permission for his at Fort Knox State Park!

The second set of coords is not so much a back way into the Ferry Beach cache, it is at the gate. If the gate is closed you can walk in from there - I think that is allowed there as it is some other parks, but if that has changed it should be so noted. I did the cache in winter, so I parked at the gate.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

It's two caches and I don't think they can find the other ones.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quick status update: I called Thursday (7/1/10) at 11:45 AM. Left a message with someone in the office.

Sorry this seems to be going agonizingly slow.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

OK, new status update: First, it looks like the number I dialed other other day was a wrong phone number (I realized this a short while ago). The person who's answering machine I left a message on was probably scratching his/her head and just deleted the message.

Anyhoo, I called today. I left a message. The park manager did give me a call back (yay! progress!). The gist of the conversation is like this: He does not have a problem having a cache within the borders of the state park. He does, however, have a problem with the cache being off trail and for that reason the cache is now in his hands (and yes, the cache was about 50 feet off the trail, this is where it was when I adopted the cache, and when I checked up on it back in April, I saw no reason to move it as I had no idea there was a concern about it's placement). I asked him if there was a place that I could place the cache that would meet his requirements and he said he would look around and give me a call sometime in the middle of next week.

So, at this moment, it looks like Ferry Beach Cache will survive. I will update the GC listing to reflect any changes and probably change the parking info a little bit as well (I know some expressed that concern here, that was not something that the park manager brought up).
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.