vb:literal>

Thread: Anyone Know Where This Is?

Default Anyone Know Where This Is?

This was posted on the Strange Maine blog quite some time ago. I tried contacting them at that time to find where this was located but got no response. Does anyone know where this is located?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Strange abandoned bus near Bangor

CALL FOR INFORMATION!

Dan S. forwarded this to me a while back, and I've been digging around trying to find something about it ever since. The only thing I've been able to track it to is the blog that Dan found it on in the first place, whose author, Jamie Rhein, prefaces the photo with a very intriguing paragraph:
    This topic of weird things in the woods is one that could bring about a spine tingling novel or a short story. When we come across a thing in the woods like a bone or two --or a shoe, or a cheap plastic comb, we wonder about the story that happened before we arrived. "What happened here?" we ask. In the above photograph, this abandoned Navy bus is rotting in the woods near Bangor, Maine. The text underneath the photo also begs the question, "What in the world is it doing in the woods?"
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

One of the comments:
    Matthew said... This bus is located in a junk yard that is primarily old military vehicles from the 50's and some old cars from 1920;s to 1960. Other sites such as Flickr have a fairly large number of pictures posted of this junkyard.
    8:43 PM
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Is there contact information for Matthew? And please PM me who is Dan S.? We should be able to find these metal vehicles!

There used to be an old wooded produce wagon on the property between the current Station 6 in Bangor and bgrffdave/hiram357 residence. I played on the wagon as a child. The wagon was wood so must be reduced to dust and old metal straps bynow - but it is amazing what is probably out there in the country side.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Is there contact information for Matthew? And please PM me who is Dan S.? We should be able to find these metal vehicles!

There used to be an old wooded produce wagon on the property between the current Station 6 in Bangor and bgrffdave/hiram357 residence. I played on the wagon as a child. The wagon was wood so must be reduced to dust and old metal straps bynow - but it is amazing what is probably out there in the country side.
    I'm pretty sure it is still there and Hiram goes out every other night and pretends he is delivering produce . . . or maybe he pretends it is a beer truck and he is delivering beer.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Talking Delivering beer?

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is still there and Hiram goes out every other night and pretends he is delivering produce . . . or maybe he pretends it is a beer truck and he is delivering beer.
    That ain't gonna happen. He might deliver empties. And a belch or two.

I wonder if they are talking about commercial junkyards? We have a few in the Bangor area, Silver's or the place next to it heading towards Orono had a lot of military vehicles.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    That ain't gonna happen. He might deliver empties. And a belch or two.
    Good point . . . sounds like you know Hiram as well as I do.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Clarification.......

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Good point . . . sounds like you know Hiram as well as I do.
    Nope, don't know him at all. But there's a beer thread just for him on here so I surmised.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I wonder if they are talking about commercial junkyards? We have a few in the Bangor area, Silver's or the place next to it heading towards Orono had a lot of military vehicles.

JUNKYARD!?

Try Chelsea Maine. ........
    The largest Junkyard in the State!

Default There is that one...

in Lagrange. The trees look right, but I don't know if they had many military or commercial vehicles. Lots from the 20's and 30's though.
    Happy Trails!