vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS that works well under cover that won't break the bank

Well Brdad...I do find more caches than kev...i just make him retrieve all the ones where spiders might be LOL
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

antenna or not hehe
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Wink hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    Well Brdad...I do find more caches than kev...i just make him retrieve all the ones where spiders might be LOL
    I can see I'm going to need a new set of hip waders......it's getting deep in here.

are those sort of like transporter patern enhancers that Geordi LaForge is always using on Star Trek?

I'm not sure how everyone keeps up with prices for GPS'rs. I bought an Oregon 550t at LLBeans for $499. It didn't work so I took it back. Went to Cabella's and got the same one for $350. This one worked, but way below expected levels so I took it back. Looked at the Garmin 60 and 76 and was told that just the week before they had been over $100 cheaper. Delorme PN-40 with a $50 rebate was cheaper than the PN-30 and even what I originally paid for my worthless PN-20. I guess in Maine, prices change quicker than the weather.

Default 550

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I'm not sure how everyone keeps up with prices for GPS'rs. I bought an Oregon 550t at LLBeans for $499. It didn't work so I took it back. Went to Cabella's and got the same one for $350. This one worked, but way below expected levels so I took it back. Looked at the Garmin 60 and 76 and was told that just the week before they had been over $100 cheaper. Delorme PN-40 with a $50 rebate was cheaper than the PN-30 and even what I originally paid for my worthless PN-20. I guess in Maine, prices change quicker than the weather.
    What level did it work below? I got a 450 from Bean's and like it. In compass mode, it seems a little more shaky than I'd like to see, however. I'm wondering if I should calibrate the compass each time I use it?

Buy a helium balloon and attach a GPS receiver on it. Then put it above trees for unobstructed view
    Moo

I can't say enough about the Etrex Venture HC. I bought mine the day before placing over one hundred caches with good coordinates. It never looses a signal and it it easy to read, bright and sturdy. Really easy to navigate through the screens. Perfect, inexpensive unit.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I can't say enough about the Etrex Venture HC. I bought mine the day before placing over one hundred caches with good coordinates. It never looses a signal and it it easy to read, bright and sturdy. Really easy to navigate through the screens. Perfect, inexpensive unit.
    Approximately how many caches does it hold?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yes - I think that most people will agree that the Garmin 60csx is GREAT under cover, but I didn't mention it because I couldn't find a NEW one for close to $200.

But if your friends can meet an under $300 price, I think the 60csx is the way to go. I've never lost a signal with mine except when going through the "Big Dig" tunnels in Boston. LOL!

I am pretty sure I posted the sale about 6 weeks ago. Don't know if its still running, but Bass Pro Shops online had the Garmin 60csx for $199.