vb:literal>

Thread: Independence Day

Default Independence Day

Happy July 4th to all our new caching friends. Please remember to have a wonderful day and evening today but please also remember to keep it a safe one. If you drink, please dont drive. Friends dont let friends cache drunk! I mean drive drunk....either way be safe.

Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

And on this patriotic day, let's not forget those in uniform who are choosing to defend that independence!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Hope everyone has enjoyed their day and a pat on the back to those serving and those who have served!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    And on this patriotic day, let's not forget those in uniform who are choosing to defend that independence!
    AMEN !! I second that!!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

God Bless America
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I was in the Marine Corps for just less than 12 years and there's nothing that pleases me more than the time JustPJ66 and I were in the Augusta Sam's Club and a young man approached me. I was wearing a leather coat with the Marine Corps emblem on back and USMC on front. At first I wasn't sure what the young man wanted until he said, "Thank you for your service." I was very pleased and thanked him as we shook hands. It's not the only time that someone has thanked me but the young man was the one I think I'll remember most.

I got to spend the parade with my Uncle, Ret. Master Sargent Laurent Martel. He was a POW, Purple Heart, pearl Harbor, Death March of Buttan, a pow near where the bomb was dropped, he was both calvery and top gun in planes. I used to take him to every military parade, because he loves to be in them. This year, at +90 yrs old, the heat sidelined him and he seemed very depressed. But whenever someone would step over to him and thank him for his service, it put a big smile on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    I got to spend the parade with my Uncle, Ret. Master Sargent Laurent Martel. He was a POW, Purple Heart, pearl Harbor, Death March of Buttan, a pow near where the bomb was dropped, he was both calvery and top gun in planes. I used to take him to every military parade, because he loves to be in them. This year, at +90 yrs old, the heat sidelined him and he seemed very depressed. But whenever someone would step over to him and thank him for his service, it put a big smile on his face.
    Was sure that was you - and it must have been who hopped off the bus before the JC Bridge......you went towards the old pharmacy - we were on the other side of the road. Tks to your Uncle from the Holmes family!

Oh wow!!!! I wish I had seen you! My cousin (uncle's daughter) had not been able to take him to a parade in 15 yrs. We were supposed to meet by the Thai restaurant. Well, long story short, cuz doesn't carry a cell phone, I wasnt either and I started walking the parade route but was having trouble seeing both sides of the road through the buses! I got on the bus by the dry cleaner's, to better watch for my Uncle. We used to ride the bus together in every parade. Got a chance to assist a lady veteran onto the bus and all on board were helping me to spot my uncle, but I was not sure I would see him in the crowd. When I spotted him, I was one happy camper! Will pass along your thanks! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    Oh wow!!!! I wish I had seen you! My cousin (uncle's daughter) had not been able to take him to a parade in 15 yrs. We were supposed to meet by the Thai restaurant. Well, long story short, cuz doesn't carry a cell phone, I wasnt either and I started walking the parade route but was having trouble seeing both sides of the road through the buses! I got on the bus by the dry cleaner's, to better watch for my Uncle. We used to ride the bus together in every parade. Got a chance to assist a lady veteran onto the bus and all on board were helping me to spot my uncle, but I was not sure I would see him in the crowd. When I spotted him, I was one happy camper! Will pass along your thanks! Thank you!
    That's cool - you must have been on your way to see him - you were definitely on a mission! All is well!