vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GeoWoodstock IX - 7/2/2011 - - General Thoughts

Thumbs up GeoWoodstock IX - 7/2/2011 - - General Thoughts

Well - GW IX is up and running on GC.com - here is the link. Some of the GCM folks have already posted a "will attend". I suspect being on the East Coast ~ this will be well attended by our contingent.

GMC has the major tread open and a chance to open individual treads for specific topics. I hope this one will be for general information and general questions.

Let's open others for topics such as car pooling, camping, etc.

And if you have never been to a Mega Event - there are some folks here who have been to many - and some who have been to a few. Nothing like a regular event but worth attending. This is a good forum to ask questions for sure.

Thanks BRDad for opening this link!

Mega ho! Lots of trouble to get into at one of these things.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Mega ho! Lots of trouble to get into at one of these things.
    Not sure what you mean here but yes, a ton to do and many options with a year to plan!

How many people from where in Maine, for how many nights?,........ and options of a Cyr Bus road trip might prevail........who knows. There would need to be an organizer but with stops in Lewiston, Portland and perhaps Portsmouth on down through - it might work. I am sure if you could fill the bus they would be able to give you a price.

One thing for sure. If Maine folks want to go to a Mega - this is a great option!

The bus thing is easy. Rented many buses. But that would be for a one day trip? I'll be looking for more than that.

Get on chat and we can talk about it there.

This week I will be off to non-caching ventures - but enjoyed chatting with Eki today when he picked something up from me. This is a possible venture if there are enough folks who don't want to make the drive themselves.

Default Geowoodstock VIII

I went to Geowoodstock with my daughter, sister and her husband and son. We shared a campsite with TAT and did some caching with him. We had a grand time at the event and I'm even considering going to next year's, since it's in Penn. It was fun meeting the cachers from Maine at the event.

We are planning on going to next years in PA. Going to take my parents and then after the event we are going to niagra falls to my brothers on the canadian side for a couple of days caching there.

Default The planning is under way.

I just reserved our hotel for the weekend. Friday to Monday. Got a decent rate for what they are offering. We plan to camp the second part of the trip. I will be working on those plans soon as well. It will be nice to see so many Mainers at this one.
    Happy Trails!

I am also hoping to go. Look forward to possibly catching up with some of you or meeting those in person that I have not met yet.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."