vb:literal>

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dull posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    A interesting theory. My first 25 finds had a lot of "hide in plain sight" caches mixed in and my cache hides ......well, have more then a few hide in plain sight type hides.

I think we tend to emulate fellow cachers, who's hides impress us. For me it was Laughing Terry's hides. I think a lot of my first 25 cache finds were ones placed by him.
    I think BRDad and Laughing Terry inspired me . . . I figured it was easy to hide a nano or micro, but much, much harder to come up with a clever way to hide a small or regular cache and these two guys showed me that there are ways to even hide an ammo can without resorting to piling rocks or sticks on top of them . . . and to me that is one reason I enjoy hiding larger caches . . . it's more of a challenge to come up with a tricky hide for these caches.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Back to the topic of dull posts... And my livening up of them.... Apparently I have accomplished the goal already
    And pushed some buttons in another thread! Woo hoo!

Update on the cache from the cacher with no finds. There are now 5 DNF's and as one of them pointed out, the last 3 digits are the same on both coordinates. I contacted the owner with no response. We'd all like to know if we just aren't good enough for the find or if he/she made a mistake. Who were they emulating?

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Update on the cache from the cacher with no finds. There are now 5 DNF's and as one of them pointed out, the last 3 digits are the same on both coordinates. I contacted the owner with no response. We'd all like to know if we just aren't good enough for the find or if he/she made a mistake. Who were they emulating?
    I'm guessing they have a Delorme GPS have heard there is no way they can have bad coordinates.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I'm guessing they have a Delorme GPS have heard there is no way they can have bad coordinates.
    Sheesh! DNFTT!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    It's all of you with your GARMIN GPSrs, especially the old ones, who PLACED caches with bad cords, that are messing up us cachers with Delorme's Serious Tools with the good cords...

Brdad, when is the last time you got a WAAS lock on your GPSr?

Seems to be theme lately. A cache was published today and I went to look for it. The cache description and location are completely wrong. This hider has been around for a while so we will see what is going to happen.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Seems to be theme lately. A cache was published today and I went to look for it. The cache description and location are completely wrong. This hider has been around for a while so we will see what is going to happen.
    Was it the cache we talked about that I am planning to go to today? Money is a bit hard to comeby, so if it is that certain cache, I hope you will give me a heads up, please, please. Yes I would like cheese with my whine, tyvm

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    Was it the cache we talked about that I am planning to go to today? Money is a bit hard to comeby, so if it is that certain cache, I hope you will give me a heads up, please, please. Yes I would like cheese with my whine, tyvm

Badge of Honor Out past that other one. I wish I had the other cords listed in the cache page. I'm sure this was a screw up but I see someone else has found the problem too. Now lets see how long it takes to fix it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I was finally contacted by the cache owner and he said it was placed by his students and they probably made a mistake and would check on it.