vb:literal>

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dull posts

Default Too Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Badge of Honor Out past that other one. I wish I had the other cords listed in the cache page. I'm sure this was a screw up but I see someone else has found the problem too. Now lets see how long it takes to fix it.
    Using Internet Explorer 8 and it's multiple tabs, I was reading this post on one tab and had Badge of Honor open on the other and had just read the note posted.

Three weeks after getting contacted by the owner of Pot O' Gold, he has archived it due to the fact that he found out his students made a mistake with the coordinates so my guess was right. Just wondering what every thinks about liability when coordinates are wrong and it takes you onto private property or other dangerous places. When I or the other cachers were crawling around the foundation of a camp with no trespassing signs and the owner shoots us, can my wife use the defense that the cache placer obviously got permission to place it there as we all know everyone gets permission and the land owner didn't have the right to shout me. I have made a mistake with coordinates before and although no one will admit it, I know more of you have too. At what point in searching, do most people decide they shouldn't be where they are?

If we see a sign that says "NO TRESSPASSING" then we leave cache or not even if the cache says we have permission

Just posted a needs to be archived for that stupid cache. It is only disabled. After reading what the hider posted for this cache I'm surprised anyone makes it out of that camp alive.

This is a prime example of why people that have no experience should not be allowed to hide a cache. Anyone looking for this cache would have gotten killed, if the coordinates had been even close.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

What's wrong with putting a cache on a live shooting range? I guess I should be thankful that the coordinates were wrong and only took me to a trigger happy, no trespassing laden, old hermit's camp. I can run a lot faster than my wife so after the first shot, I might have had a good chance of surviving.

Exclamation I went a different route.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Just posted a needs to be archived for that stupid cache. It is only disabled. After reading what the hider posted for this cache I'm surprised anyone makes it out of that camp alive.

This is a prime example of why people that have no experience should not be allowed to hide a cache. Anyone looking for this cache would have gotten killed, if the coordinates had been even close.
    I sent the CO an email. I said we all made mistakes starting out. I suggested that he/she archive that cache and maybe try later. I also mentioned that some in the caching community may respond with harsh woods and comments. Why is it necessary to go after a new person with torches and pitchforks. It's a game and some people make mistakes on coordinates. Sheesh Mike, give em a break will ya.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I sent the CO an email. I said we all made mistakes starting out. I suggested that he/she archive that cache and maybe try later. I also mentioned that some in the caching community may respond with harsh woods and comments. Why is it necessary to go after a new person with torches and pitchforks. It's a game and some people make mistakes on coordinates. Sheesh Mike, give em a break will ya.
    Well said, except that even seasoned cachers make mistakes!

There seems to be a lot of quick harsh judgments made upon other cache hiders and finders lately, I hope it's not a continuing trend.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    +1 . . . A little bit of helpful, brotherly advice and honesty goes a long way towards helping out folks new to the sport.

As for when do I back out of an area . . . I guess it comes down to commonsense, the will to live and the ability to determine if a place is safe or not . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    As for when do I back out of an area . . . I guess it comes down to commonsense, the will to live and the ability to determine if a place is safe or not . . .
    Indeed, it's amazing how far common sense will take you.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Yeah, like my hair has not been burned off with a torch or two.

Helping out new comers is a great thing. Have taken a few out and showed them the ropes.

Going after people like this is one way to look at it. Another way is that these completely ignorant people put me and my loved ones in literally the line of fire. Using this as an example is more than warranted. Placing a cache on obviously private property and having the home owners or cops come after you is getting old quick.

So excuse me if I go after someone for making what you call a mistake. I call it a blatant negligent act that can not go ignored and they should be made example of to warn others to be more careful before doing the same. Kind of like how we have laws to deter killing people in the first place.

Should the headlines read, "Child or Mother or whatever, killed on shooting range looking for cache placed by completely ignorant to the sport newbies" or "Newbie embarrassed by cachers asking for proof of permission and experience before placing a cache"?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.