vb:literal>

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dull posts

Ha Ha Ha! The Serious Tool hasn't changed.
    On another note. Who, in this State, has the highest percentage of caches placed in comparison to caches found? I seem to run at around 10% .....since I started caching! I find my self placing one for every ten I find. I was backing off a bit; then the Central Maine Power Run came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    On another note. Who, in this State, has the highest percentage of caches placed in comparison to caches found? I seem to run at around 10% .....since I started caching! I find my self placing one for every ten I find. I was backing off a bit; then the Central Maine Power Run came along.
    I will answer that tomorrow when the new cache(s) are out. They will be around 30 percent!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I will answer that tomorrow when the new cache(s) are out. They will be around 30 percent!
    I am easily at over 30%....

Default Woooweee! FTF run in Central Maine!

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    Oh wait we did that already on April 1st!! Sorry I am unavailable tomorrow, go Marcipanek and Serious Tool!

Default Seems like I remember a cacher or two

Who found one or two and then ran out to hide one or more. Some of these guys were 50%, 100% and I think there was one guy who found 1 and hid 3 for 300%.

Let us say one needs at least 50 hides to be eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    Who found one or two and then ran out to hide one or more. Some of these guys were 50%, 100% and I think there was one guy who found 1 and hid 3 for 300%.

Let us say one needs at least 50 hides to be eligible.
    Well then, that changes everything! Go Chadd!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

There are a few accounts with 50+ hides which are around 30%, but there is one account that stands out at several hundred percent. When I started caching, there was someone who had over 20 hides, 6% of all the caches in the state at the time in fact, yet he only had a small handful of finds, several of which were on his own caches.

I think a person can hide too many caches, but that number does vary depending on the person. but I also feel there is little use of comparison between the number of hides vs. finds (outside of sheer curiosity that is, just like many of the numbers on the Maine stats page). There used to be a lot of talk in the national forums comparing one's find count to their forum post count, suggesting those who posted more than their found count needed to get out more!
    Last edited by brdad; 07-10-2010 at 06:57 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

How do you figure a percentage for someone that has never found a cache but has placed two? One just came out yesterday (GC2BE5Y, Pot o gold) and the placer has never found a cache. Not sure how they even know what a cache is. I'd be interested in looking for it just to see what they came up with. Perhaps it's a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    There used to be a lot of talk in the national forums comparing one's find count to their forum post count, suggesting those who posted more than their found count needed to get out more!
    Sheesh! We need to get out more! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! We need to get out more! LOL!
    Ah, yup.....
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.