vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of animal

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    But I wear glasses. LOL
    I can just see the headlines now...."Local Animal Control Officer Caught in Sting"
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

A few years back I was bird hunting up in Greenville armed only with a .20 gauge single shot shotgun. We were at the edge of a clear cut when a young bull moose came out. I hadn't noticed but my partner said "oh S&%t" When I looked up to see what was wrong I noticed the moose. I then noticed him start to snort, swing his head (large rack, very large rack) side to side and stomp his front hoof on the ground. We started to back up and he started to walk toward us, still snorting and stomping. My partner says "We need a plan". I not so calmy suggested escape. We were now deep into the clear cut with no trees to hide behind. He pushed us back about 100 feet or so then cut off into the trees to our right. We gave up for the day and went back to camp for liquid courage. It seems funny now, but at the time it was scary as hell. I also carry slugs and a sidearm now.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    A few years back I was bird hunting up in Greenville armed only with a .20 gauge single shot shotgun. We were at the edge of a clear cut when a young bull moose came out. I hadn't noticed but my partner said "oh S&%t" When I looked up to see what was wrong I noticed the moose. I then noticed him start to snort, swing his head (large rack, very large rack) side to side and stomp his front hoof on the ground. We started to back up and he started to walk toward us, still snorting and stomping. My partner says "We need a plan". I not so calmy suggested escape. We were now deep into the clear cut with no trees to hide behind. He pushed us back about 100 feet or so then cut off into the trees to our right. We gave up for the day and went back to camp for liquid courage. It seems funny now, but at the time it was scary as hell. I also carry slugs and a sidearm now.
    Great story!!! Must have been during Sept or Oct when the boys are chasing gals and defending their territory? I like the part about "not so calmly suggested escape." LOL! I was afraid to get out of my boat because although I could tell he wasn't following me upstream, he was only 300 ft away and still snorting and all I was packing was my dive knife!

I have had a deer snort (kinda a weird combo of a snort, snarl and growl) at me before. Its actually kinda a scary sound when you do not expect it from a cute Bambi.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."