vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned by Groundspeak?

Hybrid View

Default Banned by Groundspeak?

No no no, I have not been banned by Groundspeak....

... however THIS guy was : CAV SCOUT

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?g...e-ecbb3a2a3fde

TeamHorwich showed me this.... very interested..... any thoughts?

Makes you wonder why....for a second or two. Then it's time to go to work and forget about it.

Makes me wonder what the guy did to get banned. I've stumbled across member profiles where the person has been banned, maybe once or twice. It doesn't happen all that often, usually the person goes away on their own accord if there's that much friction between a cacher and GroundSpeak.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

I've asked what you need to do to be banned before and never received any answers. Maybe the time off however will give him some time to get over himself a bit. Just sayin.

Many times bans are temporary. Only a few months ago, several accounts were temporarily banned because the members were scraping the web site for cache data, most of them were either trying to update cache logs for entire states or more. Accounts have also been temporarily banned when cachers get in battles through cache logs - talking cache hiders down and/or deleting logs because they were po'ed at each other.

I know of a few accounts that were banned permanently when cachers were found tampering or destroying other people's caches.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Cav Scout here,

If anyone has question as to why I was banned please ask.

CS

Default Okay

Quote Originally Posted by Cav Scout View Post
    Cav Scout here,

If anyone has question as to why I was banned please ask.

CS

I'll ask....why wuz ya banned?

I also got an threatening letter from GroundSpeak for NOT violating anything, I replied to them and never heard back.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I'll ask....why wuz ya banned?
    The most recent reason for my ban was because I deleted a cachers log for not following the earthcache guidelines, mainly the photo portion. The finder failed to post a photo and I deleted the log. I followed GroundSpeak Cache Owner guidelines. This same cacher happens to be good friends with the local Kentucky reviewers. I was later found as being malicious by Brad W and suspended for one year. Keep in mind I came to Brad W for help because of what the finder posted about me. I sought help and was banned. Oh well…

Last year I was banned for starting my own spirit quest series in KY; I am not affiliated with any of the local KY geo groups. The local reviewers were up in arms about my caches and using the same numbers as there KY Spirit caches (for example I used number 1 to start with). This led to several of my caches being shut down and a three month suspension. The local reviewer’s Iron horse reviewer and Blue grass reviewer campaigned for my suspension. They are a husband and wife team known as Sun moon starz and budophlyus who happen to live in the same town as myself. I only met them twice in 4 years.

My ban has been somewhat humorous. I get emails asking what happened or if I’m OK. Three of the local KY geocaching community gang members, Kyhiker, turtle3836, and some other person who’s geocaching name I forgot, has been allowed by GroundSpeak to delete 15 of my earthcache finds (with pictures of me at the sites), and over 50 of my traditional geocache finds all with signatures. These caches are owned by the three Ky cachers mentioned. I sent a protest to GS and Miss Jenn has turned a deaf ear to my complaint. The cache owners supposedly think I took their caches and I believe that is why my finds are allowed to be deleted. The reason I think this is because Jenn Seva sent me a email asking about their missing caches and that was why they deleted my finds. There’s no proof to their caches actually missing.
    Since my ban, I have been successful in getting my membership money back from Groundspeak. It was denied at first by Miss Jenn. It took the help of the Better Business Bureau to get my money back. I suggest going to the BBB website and take a look at Groundspeaks report sometime.
    I have no access to my cache listings, yet GS allows my caches to stay active. I own over 250 active traditional and Earth Caches. GS seems not to care for me but they sure do like my caches.
    So there it is in a nutshell.
    I’m doing fine and still in the Army in the desert somewhere… Internet is everywhere.
    By the way, good to see a Marine here. I was attached to the 2nd MEF in Iraq 2005-06 and I proudly wear their combat patch on my ACUs.

Please refrain from naming names/pointing fingers as it is against the forum rules. While the general topic is relevant, the fine details are between Cav Scout and gc.com.

That being said, welcome to the site.

I will ask, are you still caching during your ban? If so, do you plan to log them all when reinstated?

Also, Groundspeak's BBB standing (A-) is fairly good from what I can tell?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."