vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Banned by Groundspeak?

Why does every fun activity always break down into some POLITICAL, (not Government politics, but usually local interpersonal Politics) B.S. fight? I have seen this in SNOWMOBILING, (snowmobile clubs), as well as other small clubs that have members. And I have seen it in Geocaching as well. It ends up being a detriment to the activity as a whole and ends up starting fights and tarnishes the whole community. Like right now the snowsled club I had been a member of for almost 10 years simply cut all ties with me and I still don't know why. I have yet to see any of the people I had been in the club with. Its sad that people can't just get along.

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Please refrain from naming names/pointing fingers as it is against the forum rules. While the general topic is relevant, the fine details are between Cav Scout and gc.com.

That being said, welcome to the site.

I will ask, are you still caching during your ban? If so, do you plan to log them all when reinstated?

Also, Groundspeak's BBB standing (A-) is fairly good from what I can tell?
    I see nothing wrong with naming names.... have you ever noticed that people can get away with almost ANYTHING when things stay private? Anyone can deny that anything was said or happened. However if the Geocaching community can police themselves, by making public, run-ins with bad cachers, then I see no issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    Why does every fun activity always break down into some POLITICAL, (not Government politics, but usually local interpersonal Politics) B.S. fight? I have seen this in SNOWMOBILING, (snowmobile clubs), as well as other small clubs that have members. And I have seen it in Geocaching as well. It ends up being a detriment to the activity as a whole and ends up starting fights and tarnishes the whole community. Like right now the snowsled club I had been a member of for almost 10 years simply cut all ties with me and I still don't know why. I have yet to see any of the people I had been in the club with. Its sad that people can't just get along.
    I have seen it in my Jeep clubs quite a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    I see nothing wrong with naming names.... have you ever noticed that people can get away with almost ANYTHING when things stay private? Anyone can deny that anything was said or happened. However if the Geocaching community can police themselves, by making public, run-ins with bad cachers, then I see no issue here.
    If there was a dedicated forum with it's own set of rules where all involved parties as well as anyone else interested could join in and give and hear both sides of a story that would be fine - I'd even join in on topics that were of interest.

However, that is not these forums, we don't have all involved parties here, and we have rules against it. If enough people wished otherwise, those rules might be changed - but I am guessing most of the members would rather keep these personal issues off-site.

There really should be a forum where these people can express and discuss their grievances. But just allowing a member to discredit other cachers and volunteers on this site is one sided and no more productive than keeping everything private.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    No kidding . . . I've looked forward to reading your monthly reports every month EH. Sorry to hear this.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Yes I geocache if the cache happens to be along one of my hikes. I also visit earthcaches when I get a chance. I have about 100 Earth Caches and over 300 geocaches to log once my ban is lifted. I have lost a lot of interest geocaching considering what has happened and will log the finds at my leisure.

The BBB rating is A- but they have a few complaints that focus on money charges and complaints about their policies and guidelines.

Billing or Collection Issues Resolved 1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB. Customer Service Issues Unresolved 1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process. Guarantee or Warranty Issues Unresolved 1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
    Billing or Collection Issues Resolved 1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB. Customer Service Issues Unresolved 1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process. Guarantee or Warranty Issues Unresolved 1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
    Heres what the BBB report shows.

Billing or Collection Issues
    Resolved
    1 -
    Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
    Customer Service Issues
    Unresolved
    1 -
    Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
    Guarantee or Warranty Issues
    Unresolved
    1 -
    Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

Please refrain from naming names/pointing fingers as it is against the forum rules. While the general topic is relevant, the fine details are between Cav Scout and gc.com.

That being said, welcome to the site.

I will ask, are you still caching during your ban? If so, do you plan to log them all when reinstated?

Also, Groundspeak's BBB standing (A-) is fairly good from what I can tell?

I'd be up for a actual meeting with the people involved and see them in person. People act different with IM and emails and when you see them in person they tend to be quiet and not as nasty.

Considering all that has happened, I dont see a problem with pointing out whos involved considering that GS has publicly posted for all to see that I am banned on my public profile. I dont consider it private when something like that is posted on a cachers profile.

However I will respect the forum protocol here.

If there was a dedicated forum with it's own set of rules where all involved parties as well as anyone else interested could join in and give and hear both sides of a story that would be fine - I'd even join in on topics that were of interest.

However, that is not these forums, we don't have all involved parties here, and we have rules against it. If enough people wished otherwise, those rules might be changed - but I am guessing most of the members would rather keep these personal issues off-site.

There really should be a forum where these people can express and discuss their grievances. But just allowing a member to discredit other cachers and volunteers on this site is one sided and no more productive than keeping everything private.

Quote Originally Posted by Cav Scout View Post
    I'd be up for a actual meeting with the people involved and see them in person. People act different with IM and emails and when you see them in person they tend to be quiet and not as nasty.
    That is actually a nice idea if you could get the interested parties to agree. Ask them politely in an open forum if everyone could meet in person. If they opt out, that will show they are not willing to expose themselves.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

It has nothing to do with discrediting another cacher. It has EVERYTHING to do with openness and exposing the charlatans in public. What's wrong with some accountability?

Quote Originally Posted by Cav Scout View Post

Considering all that has happened, I dont see a problem with pointing out whos involved considering that GS has publicly posted for all to see that I am banned on my public profile. I dont consider it private when something like that is posted on a cachers profile.

However I will respect the forum protocol here.
    CavScout, I hope you continue to openly name names. There is a reason that people in this forum dislike openness.... because it exposes their hypocrisy, fraud, and childish behavior.

I am surprised I have yet to be banned from this forum, and there have been times that I have politely asked to be banned.