Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Banned by Groundspeak?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    10

    Default

    If I am allowed I will mention the names.


    Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    CavScout, I hope you continue to openly name names. There is a reason that people in this forum dislike openness.... because it exposes their hypocrisy, fraud, and childish behavior.

    I am surprised I have yet to be banned from this forum, and there have been times that I have politely asked to be banned.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    10

    Default

    A few interseting facts about my ban and something that happened within the last few months.

    My girlfriend who has a premimum account has been warned not to post any notes on the extreme geocaches both myself and her created. She has been told she will be banned if she posts any notes on caches with my name on them. I wonder if shes allowed to log any of my earthcaches when we go out to Washington this fall.

    My girlfriends brother paid for a geocaching account and was getting into geocaching. His geoname was skull dragg. He logged some caches and was later banned by the volunteer GS employee who banned me. We assume it was because he knows me? We dont know. The odd thing about this is that he did nothing but log some caches. Hes still trying to get a refund from groundspeak.

    This is how paranoid and out of controll some of the GS volunteers become.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    [x, y, z, t]
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cav Scout View Post
    A few interseting facts about my ban and something that happened within the last few months.

    My girlfriend who has a premimum account has been warned not to post any notes on the extreme geocaches both myself and her created. She has been told she will be banned if she posts any notes on caches with my name on them. I wonder if shes allowed to log any of my earthcaches when we go out to Washington this fall.

    My girlfriends brother paid for a geocaching account and was getting into geocaching. His geoname was skull dragg. He logged some caches and was later banned by the volunteer GS employee who banned me. We assume it was because he knows me? We dont know. The odd thing about this is that he did nothing but log some caches. Hes still trying to get a refund from groundspeak.

    This is how paranoid and out of controll some of the GS volunteers become.
    Why don't you just create a new account? They are not going to lift your ban anyway. Have you tried to contact the owner of GS directly?
    Moo

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Protocol is to not name names. CavScout would be doing the right thing to not name names here. Has nothing to do with hypocrisy, fraud or childish behavior.

    Protocol is protocol.
    Protocol is protocol. Reality is reality.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    I'm no lawyer, but maybe libel is an issue???

    What Are Defamation, Libel and Slander?

    Generally speaking, defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.
    Typically, the elements of a cause of action for defamation include:
    1. A false and defamatory statement concerning another;
    2. The unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party (that is, somebody other than the person defamed by the statement);
    3. If the defamatory matter is of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher; and
    4. Damage to the plaintiff.
    If I was to call someone a child rapist when I knew they were not. That would be defamation or libel. However talking about specific people in the sense of Geocaching as we are, is no defamation or libel and you know that.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cav Scout View Post
    A few interseting facts about my ban and something that happened within the last few months.

    My girlfriend who has a premimum account has been warned not to post any notes on the extreme geocaches both myself and her created. She has been told she will be banned if she posts any notes on caches with my name on them. I wonder if shes allowed to log any of my earthcaches when we go out to Washington this fall.

    My girlfriends brother paid for a geocaching account and was getting into geocaching. His geoname was skull dragg. He logged some caches and was later banned by the volunteer GS employee who banned me. We assume it was because he knows me? We dont know. The odd thing about this is that he did nothing but log some caches. Hes still trying to get a refund from groundspeak.

    This is how paranoid and out of controll some of the GS volunteers become.
    Wow, sounds like Brdad and this forum.... oh crap.... I just named a name! And now I may be sued for libel and defamation.... oh my .....

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Belgrade, Maine
    Posts
    953

    Default Point of View

    Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Protocol is protocol. Reality is reality.
    While you are certainly entitled to your point of view, the guidelines established for this forum are such that making accusations against another person, whether they are members here or not, is not allowed. If anyone wants to be able to do that, they should establish their own forum and allow it there.

    You don't have to agree with the rule, but since it is in effect, and each individual agreed to abide by the rules when they asked to become members of the forum I feel that each person has a responsibility to keep up their end of the agreement.

    I've been on the internet for a number of years and have volunteered in a help channel on an IRC network. One of our rules there was that the language used in the channel would not contain profanities or vulgarities. It amazed me then as well as now that there are grown adults out there who insist on being able to say what they want, where they want and no one should be able to tell them otherwise.

    There and here, both, the rule is the rule. You certainly don't have to like it but it is my opinion that it should be followed until such time as the majority of the users show they want it changed....and the person who established the forum agrees to change it.

    In the IRC channel, people who insisted it was their right to say what they want were told "not in this channel". They kept arguing that it was freedom of speech. Well, it isn't. There and here there is a moderator. If a person feels they cannot abide by the rules, the real freedom is that they can choose to leave.

    That's my opinion. It may not be anyone else's and that's okay. I'm not offended when people don't see things the way I do. I won't change my mind, you're all welcome to not change yours. But....I've stated my opinion.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Well stated, Kev.

    I don't really care for all the motor vehicle laws, I have the option of following them or not following them and risking any consequences. If I don't like the rule, breaking it will not change it - you have to go through the process of trying to get it changed.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Well stated, Kev.

    I don't really care for all the motor vehicle laws, I have the option of following them or not following them and risking any consequences. If I don't like the rule, breaking it will not change it - you have to go through the process of trying to get it changed.

    You've had your chance to ban me from this forum, but apparently you can't/won't for some odd reason. Like I have said before, enforce your guidelines and be rid of me. I really don't care either way.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I was told by GS not to create another account. I was warned that if I did my ban would be increased by ten years, lol. Actually I was told not too. I have to many ECs and geocaches out there that people really like. I have spent hundreds of dollars, miles, and hard work on my earthcaches. I have them from Alaska to DC. Im upset that I dont have access to my work. I cant even disable or archive my caches right now.

    Cano,

    How do you know that they arent going to lift my ban? Do you know something I dont know? If this is the case then they had better archive all of my work. I can always have my traditionals cache hides removed by myself or friends.

    And yes I have contacted the owners. They know who I am and have met me before. My emails have went unswered. The only thing I know to do is actually go to the HQ for GS in Seattle on Roy street. Its open to the public...

    Is there any lawyers here that can express what can be done about my caches that I dont have access too? What about if Im never allowed back and GS keeps my caches active?




    Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Why don't you just create a new account? They are not going to lift your ban anyway. Have you tried to contact the owner of GS directly?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •