vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A different, yet PROMISING type of Muggle Activity!

Default Prentice Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    How about a link.
    I believe this was the Prentice Cache. I remember looking pretty hard for this one as when I found it, I just had an E-Trex Legend and because of the tree cover, it had a lot of trouble holding a strong signal. From what I remember it was an actual .30 cal ammo can well labeled and no where near the trail where someone would have stumbled across it.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I think I've heard this story before, and I think I bought her GPSr on eBay!
    Ahhh.... yes eBay the pawn shop of the online-era

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    I believe this was the Prentice Cache. I remember looking pretty hard for this one as when I found it, I just had an E-Trex Legend and because of the tree cover, it had a lot of trouble holding a strong signal. From what I remember it was an actual .30 cal ammo can well labeled and no where near the trail where someone would have stumbled across it.
    MOU - yes, that is it - you are right! It was an ammo can - placed off the trail and under a large tree down wit some sticks over it.

I do believe it was probably placed back somewhere out there - it is just under which downed tree - LOL Which One?

There was sort of a cross over path where it was hidden and I remember well, when I found it saying - anyone wandering through the area who happened to sit down and take a rest (if they were wandering off trail) could easily find it.

So if you are in the "woods" doing Creepy Crawlers and feel the need to wander off trail and sit on a downed tree - look around - you may recover this one.

That link didn't work for me try this one. http://coord.info/GCHNDV

I'll be looking for that one. I need another ammo box for a project.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I have deleted a few objectionable posts and any references to them. Please keep any posts within the terms of the Geocaching Maine User Agreement.

If you are offended by any member's post, my suggestion is that you refrain from replying which often only escalates the topic which you wish was not brought up to begin with. Instead, report the post by clicking the icon in the top right corner of the post. It would also help if you would specify which section(s) of the user agreement the post has violated.

It would be nice if more people used this feature.

Carry on!
    Last edited by brdad; 07-18-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

So, did you get your cache back?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

That is of interest to me too. I would like to know the rest of the story on how the person came across the cache, what they thought it was and why they contacted GC.com instead of putting it back.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.