vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loon Plate Days

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    So, I told Di that I shouldn't interfere with "nature's way" and she suggested I use one of my many shotguns to "frighten" the eagle." That won't happen because eagle's are chewey, like owl and I know I'd go to jail if I happened to hit the eagle.
    It's funny how the human element is often taken out of "Nature's Way". If it's human nature to protect what we like, then shouldn't it be nature's way to protect? Isn't it natural for you to want to protect the loon? Why is it when any other animal destroys property or other living beings it is considered nature, yet when humans do it we are threatening nature?

I agree it'd not be a good idea to shoot toward the eagle, but if a gunshot is going to scare it away, it would scare it away from any direction.

I prefer turkey vultures. Unlike eagles or loons, they can float on air currents for hours with minimal effort, enjoying the view as they go along. Yeah, I'd eat roadkill to be able to do that...
    Last edited by brdad; 07-15-2010 at 07:14 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I caught a mouse and a raccoon last night. You want them? LOL!
    There isn't much to mice. Not even wort the effort. The raccoon however is a lot like bear. Very good flavor.

Now getting back to plates... There are a ton of them now. It would be hard to make a day for each, but with a bunch of effort you could get one.

I'm wondering about a geocaching plate and day. That would be really cool.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 07-15-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Ugh...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post

Uh, What would you get for free? Hopefully not a free film canister you could just put a log in and chuck somewhere....
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Default You funny man...

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Uh, What would you get for free? Hopefully not a free film canister you could just put a log in and chuck somewhere....
    NOT!

How about free admission to the parks. Free double cheese burger at BK. Free huge and kiss from me and the other board members?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

NOT!

How about Free huge and kiss from me and the other board members?
    I thought you wanted people to get these plates!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Default geoplate

already have one

Default Loons

I've been worried about loon chicks and eagles too. Many eagles around here, but not the pair that was closest last year. I like to watch them but I hope they don't eat any loon chicks (although I know they would). We did have plenty of goslings for them to eat but this week there was much game warden activity and they said they were doing "The Great 2010 Goose Round-Up" and I haven't seen a goose since! I also found a nesting loon and need to go back (quietly) and see if the eggs have hatched, if there are any chicks and if the eagle has them on it's menu. And the other day when I was swimming the loon was coming down the lake, calling and diving, and it popped up about three feet away from me. I stayed really still and it never knew I was there. Talk about a close view. I love loons!

And of course, I have a loon plate! But I'm so old I get into state parks free anyway...
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I caught a mouse and a raccoon last night. You want them? LOL!
    You caught a mouse and a raccoon doing what? Now there's an odd couple. Now we know where Ekidokai came from.....

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    You caught a mouse and a raccoon doing what? Now there's an odd couple. Now we know where Ekidokai came from.....
    Well, they both liked peanut butter. I wonder if Ekidokai likes peanut butter...