vb:literal>

Thread: I'm on the scoreboard.

Default I'm on the scoreboard.

Since I heard about this pursuit a few weeks ago I haven't had time to go hunting. I stopped in Orono on my way home from work last night to have a go at Run Forest Run. I parked on the road as nearly opposite from the cache as possible and there was a gate right there. That matches the description I thought. Headed in and the road ended about 800' in. Since this was my first cache I didn't think too much about it and headed off through the woods toward the location. It was about what I'd been doing all day except I wasn't swinging a machete clearing line. Got within a couple tenths of a mile and hit a road, imagine that! Had average sat. reception at the site. My mission planning software showed the number of satellites was decent but there was quite a bit of tree canopy except directly overhead. Once I got in the area I just slowly looked around and found the cache fairly quickly. Mosquitos were vicious so bring insect repellent. There are a couple repellent wipes in the cache though. Took the road back out. Probably the way I was intended to go in as well!

Had a good time but will be trying to get to some caches that are more technically challenging though.
    Last edited by mainesurveyor; 06-04-2005 at 11:33 AM.

Congrats on the start, and good luck in the future. They won't all be as easy as your first one! LOL!

Make sure you read the thread in the forums about what to bring with you on your caching trips. There are a lot of good hints there. And a bottle of bug repellent is VERY HIGH on the list!