vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GPS devices at Mardens for CHEAP!

Thumbs up GPS devices at Mardens for CHEAP!

I stopped into the new Marden's super-store in Scarborough, Maine today. I had been told by someone that they had GPS devices for rather cheap....

... that was an understatement! They have a selection of GPS devices to rival LL Beans or Cabellas, and for dirt cheap prices! I myself bought a Garmin Oregon 450t for $210.00 + tax! They also have a 30 day return policy with a receipt.....

Other devices I saw were a lot of Garmin 60CSx units, Garmin Dakotas, Delorme PN-40s, some Magellans, a whole bunch of various eTrex models, a few other levels of Oregons, including an Oregon 550t still in the box for $400.00, Lowrances, and some I didn't recognize.

They also had an extensive selection of various car navigation systems including Nuvis and TomToms, and if you are a fisherman as well, they have some great deals on Lowrances.

If anyone is looking for a GOOD cheap unit, check them out! Or if you know of anyone who may have asked about where to find these types of units for cheap, let them know!

I'll try to take a look. My finances are in shambles at the moment, though.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

You bought a what? A GGGGGGGGGGAAARRRMMIN?
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Talking Good Lord!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    You bought a what? A GGGGGGGGGGAAARRRMMIN?
    A sure sign of the apocalypse.

Kinda like here in our house, with our mixed marriage.

I have a Garmin and Kathie a DeLorme.
    Happy Trails!

Thanks for the post! I will check my local Mardens.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeMainer View Post
    I'll try to take a look. My finances are in shambles at the moment, though.
    Who's aren't? Obama is our President.... if they are in shambles NOW, imagine them once taxes go up with "health care reform" at the start of the new year.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    A sure sign of the apocalypse.

Kinda like here in our house, with our mixed marriage.

I have a Garmin and Kathie a DeLorme.
    Yes Dick and Brad.... I did buy an Oregon 450t... it was CHEAP, I wanted a back up unit that didn't require constant attention and could operate without all the complex stuff I have to do with the PN, and I wanted to have a good one that was easy to use for my girlfriend to use when we go caching, so she can feel included ha ha.... 200 is not bad for an Oregon 450t....

Marden's has a wonderful return policy. Happy to hear of the bargins - remember - "I should have bought it when I saw it at Marden's". Things don't last long.

All but a couple from the huge stack of Pelican boxes I saw in Ellsworth on Sunday were gone today. No backpacks left and they had everything from Keltys on down. Some serious camping and other inventory has gone out the door..........I suspect in the other stores too.

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Who's aren't? Obama is our President.... if they are in shambles NOW, imagine them once taxes go up with "health care reform" at the start of the new year.....
    Damn, and here I thought my finances were screwed up from having a fire in our apartment building and having to deal with all the expenses of that (there was stuff that wasn't covered by insurance, stuff that city ordinances said we had to do). And having to deal with mold in an enclosed porch. And having a "reliable" tenant stiff us on three months rent.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Hmmm . . . I may make a trip down tomorrow.

A few questions though:

1) Where exactly in Scarborough is Mardens located?
    2) Is there much of a difference in the Oregon 450T and 550T?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."