vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to site from Carmel, ME

Default New to site from Carmel, ME

Just joined the Geocaching crowd 2 days ago, Heard about it from an old high school friend who posted pics on her FB of one of her Geocache finds. 7-20-10 was our 1st trip out, started with www.geocashing.com, 5 mile search from 04419. Wife, daughter and I headed 2 find them and came home 3/3. We had a blast. After doing more research last night, came across your site so decided to join you all this morning. Its an awesome way to meet new people and get out more with the family without spending money. We borrowed the father-in-laws Gps. Its older and i think slower on its accuracy but will do till we can get a new one. Other than that, we are glad to have join you all and look forward to running into some of you some day. Hitting the road to newburgh with the daughter tomorow in hopes of finding more.

Oh... my GC name is Magickgeo

Welcome aboard.

As you will see when you look over the threads there is a bunch of GPS unites at Mardens for some good deals.

I have also bought a few off ebay and all worked real well.

Make sure you keep an eye on the front page as meetings and events are posted there and kept up to date.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask. 3 for 3 is a great start.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Went back out today, 2/6. gona go back and find the 2 DNF's. Do older Gps's have less accuracy? the one I was using seemed to wander allot.

Make that 4/6 we found

Like everything else there are many variables. Generally yes the older ones are a little slower and maybe else accurate especially under trees and clouds.

You will find many people have their favorites for one reason or another. I have used Magellan, Lowrance and Garmin. The newer the model the better they worked.

The newest ones have more features too. Maps, paperless caching, radios, messaging, photos and on and on.

Welcome aboard. I lived in Carmel from 74 to 87. Graduated from Hermon High and now live in Scarborough. My wife and I started geocaching this year and cant get enough. Hope you all really enjoy it as much as we do. The Chat night on monday on this site at 8pm is for new cachers and there are some very good people with a lot of knowledge willing to help with any ?'s

That's what we want you to beleive.

Welcome aboard! It's an addictive past time, that's for sure.

Welcome to the game/sport/hobby/addiction/or obsession.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Don't think for a minute that its a low cost hobby! My gas credit card bill was up over $100.00 more than usual last month. Add batteries and I don't want to think about it. But its a lot of fun!