vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally ... !

Quote Originally Posted by softball29 View Post
    No, I was talking about the one above Bangor a little. The Robyville one. Isn't there a cache there, too?

I thought I read the Morse Bridge burned down? Is the footbridge covered, too? I might stop anyway. =)

I love finding the covered bridges when traveling. I'm lucky enough that I have three historical covered bridges within 20 minutes of me.
    My wife and I love the covered bridges as well, though they seem to increase our DNF count!

You are correct, the Morse bridge burned years ago. The footbridge is not covered. The stream is a little slow not, but it is right in town and easy access from either side most days.

Yes, the Robyville bridge is 15 miles northwest of Bangor via Broadway/Rt. 15. The cache thre is still active.

Robyville Bridge (GC1P43J) by Moonsouth (2/2)

The bridge hollora mentioned is at N 44 47.093, W 68 48.343. It is a modern built bridge, but built like an old one - Less than 10 years old?). It was never used for road traffic. The museum is nice to visit as well if you are ever in the area with time to spare. The cache near it is Geo Post Office and Travel Bug Hotel, Bangor (GCWEN7) by We3Beans (1/1.5)

Thanks for reminding me of that bridge, Hollora, I should add that to my list.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by softball29 View Post
    Probably 8ish or so on a Thursday as I want to try and get a few caches on the way up! (As this point, it looks like it will be Oct. 14). Let me know if you wanted to do something that night and I'd make sure I got to where I needed to by a certain time! (I think I'll probably even have a few of my pathtags still left to bring!)

Thanks for the thought, too, it's always nice to meet locals when caching in certain areas!
    Well, it'll be a super busy week, but I'll put something together

Quote Originally Posted by merenner View Post
    Well, it'll be a super busy week, but I'll put something together
    Way cool. I would love to meet some Maine cachers on this trip!

Default Upstate NY?

Hey Softball, if you don't mind me asking where do you live in upstate NY? I live there as well. Would one of the 3 historical bridges be Perrine's Bridge in Rifton? The cache near Perrine's was my first smiley!

Quote Originally Posted by srbunker View Post
    Hey Softball, if you don't mind me asking where do you live in upstate NY? I live there as well. Would one of the 3 historical bridges be Perrine's Bridge in Rifton? The cache near Perrine's was my first smiley!
    I'm more upstate -- near Oneonta. I haven't done many down your way, I don't think.

Softball, I've lost your e-mail. Let's discuss the 14th

I sent you an e-mail earlier tonight. :-)

Hey! For some quick park and grabs at pretty spots, don't miss out on any of the Maine Rose series! I've enjoyed every one I've found!
    Bound to be some "Pretty Picture" moments.

With the weather as it looks for this weekend (argh!) I am thinking about just sticking around the Portland area for a couple of days, then kind of going down to southern New England for a day or so.

I'm just not in the mood to travel the remaining way up to Bar Harbor to get soaked all weekend (well, Friday and Saturday... I had been planning on leaving there Sunday when the weather looks like it could be OK), so I'm trying to see if there any "must-hit" caches in the Portland area (besides the oldest in Maine -- that's on the list already!).

And for those of you who live in Maine, does the weather look as bad as weather.com is showing? Or should I risk it and stay a few days in Bar Harbor?

It's not looking great from what I have heard, but the weather forecasters here have been known to be wrong on many occasions.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."