vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally ... !

Default The weather will not stop tomorrow night!

Quote Originally Posted by softball29 View Post
    With the weather as it looks for this weekend (argh!) I am thinking about just sticking around the Portland area for a couple of days, then kind of going down to southern New England for a day or so.

I'm just not in the mood to travel the remaining way up to Bar Harbor to get soaked all weekend (well, Friday and Saturday... I had been planning on leaving there Sunday when the weather looks like it could be OK), so I'm trying to see if there any "must-hit" caches in the Portland area (besides the oldest in Maine -- that's on the list already!).

And for those of you who live in Maine, does the weather look as bad as weather.com is showing? Or should I risk it and stay a few days in Bar Harbor?
    It is nicer on deck at Novare Res, but inside works just fine also.

This is the link I use to watch the weather coming into an area when I am on a trip. You can type in the town and state in the upper right corner to get the forcast/radar for any area.

Depending on how the storm tracks - things could change. After all the planning this is a shame but hopefully you can make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    This is the link I use to watch the weather coming into an area when I am on a trip.
    I usually use Weather Underground.

Agreed that it would stink, but I'd rather make it smaller scale and maybe go around the Portland area and up Route 1 a little and stay there for a few days then be in a situation where I'm miserable because the weather stinks in Bar Harbor. If it's bad and I can't see the views, it's tough.

I'm kind of going to take this one on the fly. Going to Portland for sure tomorrow. No hotels beyond tomorrow, but Priceline can be my best friend. I'll watch the weather and make some decisions from there! I'm sure Portland can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by softball29 View Post
    Agreed that it would stink, but I'd rather make it smaller scale and maybe go around the Portland area and up Route 1 a little and stay there for a few days then be in a situation where I'm miserable because the weather stinks in Bar Harbor. If it's bad and I can't see the views, it's tough.

I'm kind of going to take this one on the fly. Going to Portland for sure tomorrow. No hotels beyond tomorrow, but Priceline can be my best friend. I'll watch the weather and make some decisions from there! I'm sure Portland can be fun.
    And go up the highway to Eartha (DeLorme) and get the caches up there. CoinVault it new and very cool!

Enjoy your visit!

Do you have GC numbers for those caches? And any other suggestions for the Portland area?

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

OH WOW!

That DeLorme one looks AWESOME! I am totally up for that one. I think I'd like to take photos of it at night one of my days, too. I think I'm definitely going to stick to the Portland area and maybe plan Bar Harbor/Acadia for the spring and pray for good weather.

And then there is:

EARTHA'S CACHE (GCXNND) by hoamdezinahs (2/2)
    and right across the street
    I.O.O.L., 04096 T.I.C. Nano Cache (GC1MBGZ) by Lexmano (1.5/1.5)

and in Portland (based on active ones I have done):

Thank you David Hasselhoff! (GCR48D) By Team Afrofish (2.5/1)
    director (GC47EB) by wide glide and teddy bear (1/1)
    a fun and easy multi - Who Is That Caching Under My Bridge? (GCR47P) Team Afrofish (1.5/2.5)

There are is a WhereIGo cache if you have the technology and the weather will bless your walk GC1A9YO (Portland Freedom Trail).

Enjoy your visit - and there are a load of other caches in Portland but I only mentioned ones I have done or personally know a bit about. Apology to the Southern Maine cachers who have put out plenty more - nothing meant here by omitting mentioning them all.

Is there, by chance, a cache at LL Bean that I'm not seeing? I will be going there for sure. If it's a puzzle, I don't mind solving... just wondering.