vb:literal>

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Guie3

I put cards out and the unlit campfire all the time. People must be getting lazy.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

we put out signature items...and collect some too
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! It's too bad, but it seems that very few people are putting out signature items these days. Yeah - you see a few path tags - but I don;t think they're the same. Geocaching has changed...
    I pushed and promoted sig items for years and think I was actually accomplishing the task, but once the micro-spew started coming, there were too many caches too small for sig items and too many people more interested in the numbers than adding a personal touch to their cache finds.

I still try to push them when I can and try to place my sig items in caches that are worthy and big enough, and hope that some like the idea and continue the tradition.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Signature Items

I'm bringing my "signature" spaghetti sauce with meatballs and if I can get the time homemade corn beef hash for the Saturday breakfast. Hopefully this thread will remain about the event and not caching the way it was before the war. Events like this one are some of "new" activities that happen in the caching world that offer a positive experience for all!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Just how do you sign spaghetti sauce?

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Hopefully this thread will remain about the event and not caching the way it was before the war. Events like this one are some of "new" activities that happen in the caching world that offer a positive experience for all!
    As usual we never stay on topic. And I did intend to mention in my post that all change is not bad. Obviously if not for change, sig items would never have been part of caching; they certainly were not the norm when it started! Good people and good food have always been the norm around here though! That's the change I don't want to see come. The first person that holds a vegetarian event better watch out for the war cries then!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I left my signature in my batch of meatballs at the Cashe Bashe. Chopped the end of my thumb off while cutting the peppers. Did anyone find it?
    Last edited by brdad; 09-21-2010 at 07:23 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I left my signature in my batch of meatballs at the Cashe Bashe. Chopped the end of my thumb off while cutting the peppers. Did anyone find it?
    Thumb??? Sheesh! Did you check all of Ekidookey's turtles???

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I pushed and promoted sig items for years and think I was actually accomplishing the task, but once the micro-spew started coming, there were too many caches too small for sig items and too many people more interested in the numbers than adding a personal touch to their cache finds.

I still try to push them when I can and try to place my sig items in caches that are worthy and big enough, and hope that some like the idea and continue the tradition.
    Pathtags make great signature items and they fit in film canisters. Nothing fits in nanos, and even pathtags won't fit in match holders.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    With your DNA
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Pathtags make great signature items and they fit in film canisters. Nothing fits in nanos, and even pathtags won't fit in match holders.
    They do make a great "store-bought" sig item. But just like food at an event, something homemade is often more appealing than something bought. The advantage of pathtags in that argument is they do have a personal touch despite being commercial, there are many very nice ones. It's amazing the detail that can come on a small item.

Perhaps part of the idea of pathtags came from the need of an item that would fit into film cans.

Lee and I are considering a joint pathtag that represents both of us, but we will keep our regular sig items as well.
    Last edited by brdad; 09-21-2010 at 10:27 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!